Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Book-it

Member Name: Book-it
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Blank
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Walmart of cruises

Not to say that Walmart is bad, but you know what to expect when shopping there. I had not read any reviews about this ship to prepare me for the thrift store quality. Granted the price was rediculously low, which should have been my clue, but other reviews led me to expect more than I got.

I do not have any bone to pick. I just want future cruisers to know what they are in for. The inside cabins we had were pretty standard to most, and we had connecting rooms which gave us nice elbow room. However, we were overwhelmed with the smell of sewer when we entered. Turns out almost everywhere we went on the ship had that same smell.

I am not a foodie and usually only eat at the buffet. The food was edible and a good enough variety for me. It just seems that the hours the buffet are open seem to be shrinking. I am used to breakfast staying open on one side until lunch is ready to open on the other side, and same for lunch to dinner. That was not the case here.

I was not happy when I couldn't get dinner at the buffet at 5:30pm...not open until 6pm. Seems trivial, but being able to get a hot meal whatever time you want has always been a favorite part of cruising for me.

This being a spring break cruise with a lot of kids, I expected great fun for my kids. That was not the case. The hours activities were available seemed limited, and the organization and fun factor were lacking. The employees working with the kids were grumpy and abrupt. I would not have been comfortable leaving a younger child with them. Even though they have you give permission for your child to swim, they do not take them swimming. I know I can take my kids to the pool, but they wanted to go with their camp friends. Overall disappointing.

I don't care much about the cruise director, but I must say he was noticeably absent. I saw him once the entire cruise, and that was on stage. I did not find the "fun ship" to be all that fun.

I really am not a very picky person, I shop at Walmart. It's just that I have been on many cruises and like to have some idea of the quality to expect. I want other cruisers to be informed as well. I will give Carnival another chance.

Publication Date: 04/14/14