Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by flutist13: Amazing

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Amazing

Sail Date: February 2014

We chose Celebrity Cruise Lines based off a recommendation from an avid cruiser. We were NOT disappointed. We were highly impressed the with attention to detail, cleanliness, service and food(phenomenal in Aqua Class...the extra price for Blu was well worth it). After seeing all the reports about norovirus on the ships, I was really worried. I even took my own sanitizer. Upon entering the ship, it was required that each person used hand sanitizer. There was also hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to each eating establishment. On our first port day, we hung around the ship until the crowds dispersed and got to see the crew in action sanitizing/cleaning every hand rail, elevator button etc. Love the 'behind the scenes' effort to keep everyone healthy.

Blu restaurant was well worth the extra we paid for Aqua Class. Anita, Baron, Dimitri and Jeremy were awesome. Loved getting to know our very friendly wait staff. They knew our names by Day 2 of eating there and also gave More personalized service. We joke at home now about how we miss them....asking our kids to be our Jeremy, lol. The variety and quality of food was unreal. Never had anything I disliked.

Always something to do on or off the ship. My advice would be to not schedule a shore trip at every port. Slow down and relax. We appreciated our beach day...a break from the go, go, go.

We would rate our experience a 10 out of 10 and would definitely go back! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 1610

Perfect Room...close enough to the elevators and towards the middle of the ship. I was worried about getting sea sick, but had no problems in this room. Great large balcony for breakfast too.

Snorkeling

(4)

Snorkeling was fun. The water was pretty clear, but the area we snorkeled didn't seem to have very many fish. There were several other boats with snorkels near, not sure if that made a difference.

Stingray Swim

Best excursion of our entire trip! Our guides were great and made us feel very comfortable with the Sting Rays. Let's be clear here....you are in the middle of the ocean, on a sand bar, with fully barbed Sting Ray. It was awesome! We were even able to feed them. My recommendation would be to buy a waterproof camera that also takes video. Our friends took their $100 camera and picture quality and video was amazing. You will avoid having to buy the pictures that the guides try to sell you.