Celebrity Century Cruise Review by laurencekorn

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by laurencekorn
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: laurencekorn
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: U.S.A.
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

CELEBRITY CENTURY

The cabin crew and the wait staff were very good and helpful. Boarding went quickly. Unfortunately that's the best I can say about the cruise.

The ship is drab and dingy, not bright and cheery. The common areas need new paint and carpet. The library is small, DARK, and not enough seats. Only a very small selection of books, not well marked.

To me the biggest problem was the food. Other ships have fresh pastries and breads that smell yeasty and fresh. The Century had stale breads and pastries. The cakes and muffins and desserts did not look appetizing, were poorly presented, and did not taste good or fresh. I talked to the food boss and he swore everything was fresh and cooked the evening before, but I don't believe him. The prime rib was as tough as leather. Even the lamb chops were tough. How can lamb be tough? The fish didn't smell fresh. I've been on many cruises and this was by far the worst food I've ever had. And I was not alone. Other passengers also complained about the food.

I took this cruise because it left and returned to L A. Normally I like Holland America, but it leaves from San Diego which is inconvenient for me. I think I will stick with Holland America.

Publication Date: 04/13/14