Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by goodwin21

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by goodwin21
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: goodwin21
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Good Job

First, I'd like to remind all travelers, to keep all Money, and valuables with them while traveling. We, were one of the victims of a TSA money grab out of one of our suitcases.

That being said, on with the review. We boarded the ship at around 12:00, pretty smooth for as many people boarding at that time. Since we stay in the "Haven", we were taken to the dining room and introduced to everyone (if possible, I highly recommend), after eating, our room was ready and we relaxed and waited for the ship to sail.

Our room was in the back of the ship and the first night was a little rocky, but very acceptable. I'm a casino junky, so once we cleared international waters I went to my second room, the Casino. Excellent staff and very helpful. Some of the personnel were from other ships that I been on, so it was nice to see some familiar faces. Got to Port Canaveral on time. My wife wanted to do the Cape Kennedy Tour, that I wasn't that excited about. Why would someone want to spend seven to eight hours looking at old rockets?? Well I was wrong, well worth going to and I'd go back, because the time flew by and I didn't see everything I wanted to. It turns out to be one of those "don't miss" places. My only complaint was that when we boarded the buses to go, one of our brilliant cruiser's apparently can't read or doesn't own a watch, so we waited for over 30 minutes for them, we left they came running up to the bus, but where we were, the bus driver had to drive around the terminal to pick them up, when he got back they'd disappeared...

The next day we arrived at the Great Stirrup (sp), this island is owned and operated by NCL, so it's about what you'd expect. Nice place to get a tan, kill a few hours. We decided to try the swimming with the sea rays. I'm not a big water freak anymore (must have something to do with the additional weight issue), but with the way it was set up and the depth of the water, snorkeling and the view was awesome. Make sure to invest in a water proof camera, it will be well worth the money.

Next stop was Nassau, Bahama's, we had scheduled to do the mini boats, you drive. Don't bother, the company that runs this excursion is a scam. You walk for about 20 minutes through town about a mile away. It didn't bother my wife or myself, but the two other couples were not in shape to walk that distance. When we arrived we were stalled around for another 15 minutes and that the owner/operator stated that the "ship made a mistake", he only had one boat for 2 people (this is called a bait and switch). Basically all his other boats were broken down, but he owned the two adjacent bars and restaurants and would be more that happy to buy you a drink if you wanted or order something. I'm hoping my complaint to our hostess will eliminate this excursion. On the positive side, my wife and I ended up walking around town into some of the industrial business sections, found a company that did they same type of work we did, and were able to spend some quality time with the owners. Lemonade out of Lemons!!!!!

All in All: I would recommend this cruise and the ship, food was good, accommodations were good, crew did a excellent job.

Publication Date: 04/13/14