Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by LINDYJ: GREAT TIME ABOARD THE QUEEN OF THE MISSISSIPPI

LINDYJ
Member Since 2014

GREAT TIME ABOARD THE QUEEN OF THE MISSISSIPPI

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: USA
Embarkation: Other

I have read some of the less than satisfactory reviews of the Queen of the Mississippi and felt compelled to comment. I thought is was a wonderful trip and I am seriously considering another cruise with the line as soon as possible. I booked a single cabin from Memphis to New Orleans from March 28th thru April 6th. I found the ship to be spotlessly clean. My cabin was comfortably large and clean and comfortable as well. The bath room, while not huge, was more than adequate - excellent water pressure, nice high shower head and HOT water. The closet was very small but I had 9 large drawers for all my clothing. My only dislike was that the bed was a full-sized twin bed. The room was plenty big enough to have a full-sized double bed. That was the only dissatisfaction I had with the entire trip!

I found the food - every bit of it was delicious, fresh and beautifully prepared. In fact, I found the food better than the food of the large ship cruises I have been on. Was this trip More more expensive than the large ships I have been on - yes, but I did not spend one dime on drinks - beer, wine, call brand cocktails were all included.

Now, the real prize of the trip - the staff. From the Captain to the deck hands and Toots (the riverlorian) these people were professional, kind, HARD WORKING, and very engaged with all the passengers. Each of these fine people were proud of the job they were doing and it showed. I truly enjoyed this trip. Less

Read more Queen of the Mississippi cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen of the Mississippi Review >>

Cabin review: Queen of the Mississippi 311

Large single cabin. Small closet but plenty of storage. Very comfortable.