Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by LINDYJ

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by LINDYJ
Queen of the Mississippi
Queen of the Mississippi
Member Name: LINDYJ
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: other
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: Single
See More About: Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | American Cruise Lines Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Queen of the Mississippi Review (by Cruise Critic!)
GREAT TIME ABOARD THE QUEEN OF THE MISSISSIPPI

I have read some of the less than satisfactory reviews of the Queen of the Mississippi and felt compelled to comment. I thought is was a wonderful trip and I am seriously considering another cruise with the line as soon as possible. I booked a single cabin from Memphis to New Orleans from March 28th thru April 6th. I found the ship to be spotlessly clean. My cabin was comfortably large and clean and comfortable as well. The bath room, while not huge, was more than adequate - excellent water pressure, nice high shower head and HOT water. The closet was very small but I had 9 large drawers for all my clothing. My only dislike was that the bed was a full-sized twin bed. The room was plenty big enough to have a full-sized double bed. That was the only dissatisfaction I had with the entire trip!

I found the food - every bit of it was delicious, fresh and beautifully prepared. In fact, I found the food better than the food of the large ship cruises I have been on. Was this trip more expensive than the large ships I have been on - yes, but I did not spend one dime on drinks - beer, wine, call brand cocktails were all included.

Now, the real prize of the trip - the staff. From the Captain to the deck hands and Toots (the riverlorian) these people were professional, kind, HARD WORKING, and very engaged with all the passengers. Each of these fine people were proud of the job they were doing and it showed. I truly enjoyed this trip.

Publication Date: 04/10/14
More Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Queen of the Mississippi review Read the next Queen of the Mississippi review

More U.S.A. Cruise Reviews