Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Pabbboo: Great Vacation, but Celebrity Disappointing

Pabbboo
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Vacation, but Celebrity Disappointing

Sail Date: March 2014

This was cruise #4, first with Celebrity. I am 36 yrs old, and my wife and I do like to have fun, but also relax on vacation with no kids along. I am one of the many who wanted to try Celebrity, based on their claim of being more upscale, with higher standards of food and attentive service. I did also consider this was a short, Caribbean cruise, which tend to be more of a fun, party atmosphere.

Embarkation could not have been better. It took about one minute for the negative issues to arise after that.

As soon as you step on the ship, you are greeted with Champagne, a nice touch. Also you are welcomed with some base thumping club music at a very loud volume. Before I could tune this obnoxious garbage out, I enjoyed hearing the word "S***" in the chorus. Very classy. The DJ was some young guy with a skinny beard wearing headphones with only one ear covered. He really thought he was Joe Cool. He was an idiot.

Went to the room by 1:00pm. Concierge balcony. Very More clean, stateroom attendant Moreno was great throughout.

Ocean Liners, Tuscan Grill both nice, worth the money in my opinion. Our Main Dining Room experience was just OK. We were looking forward to having a two person table as requested. Again, just wanted to relax alone on this trip. We sat down and I kid you not, the other table was three inches away from ours! It was incredibly awkward because we knew the people next to us wanted to be alone also, so we just ignored each other. Ate there twice, waiters were average, food was average. Buffet was standard poor cruise fare youd expect to find.

Went to the pool on the first sea day (or at least tried). THE POOL AREA IS TERRIBLE! Could not get a chair due to chair hogs and selfish people saving them all. Found a chair on the front of the boat eventually. Went down by pool around noon to cool off in the water. We arrived in time to see/hear the following: The same stupid poolside games with the speaker volume pumped way too loud you see everywhere else. There are two pools. The first was surrounded by adults with their feet in the water, so the pool was empty because no one could get in. The second pool was about 8ft by 8ft, and full of people because no one could get in the other one. BY the way at 1230 on sea days (probably the busiest time of the day), the have some stupid volleyball game so you cant use the crowded pool if you wanted to. There is alot of wasted space by the pool because they have a stage and dance area for the loud bad music and stupid games.

So, you cant go in the pool, you cant get a chair, so what next.....Daiquiris of course! Well good luck with that too. There is no poolside wait staff, and the bar staff is terrible. Overworked and lazy is a bad combo. Once you get your frozen drink, expected some blend in a cheap plastic cup that looks like something my 5 yr old should get soda in. If your lucky you will get some Rum dumped on top to make the drink taste terrible. No garnish or anything.

Entertainment was awful. Cruise director was nowhere to be seen, except at his concert where he sang because he must think hes good. We walked out of first show, Comedian terrible, musician was awful. The lounge music/house bands we saw were all pretty bad. Every entertainer we saw seemed like a Saturday Night Live skit, it did not seem real.

If you are looking forward to Michaels Club..dont..because it isn't open. I was told it was a private club now, and this was the first cruise that was the case.

Despite the above issues, we asked about future cruises. They said the benefit of booking on board was an increased onboard credit and to get a beverage package. I even questioned the guy and said we can get the drink package on the internet and he told me, nope, it just got taken off the internet since we were on the boat. Hey guess what..its still available on internet.

Ok, that was long enough. In conclusion, we had a nice time, the cruise ship wasn't as bad as I made it sound. The atmosphere on Celebrity is the same as any other line, it is not upscale. Id try another Celebrity cruise on their bigger ships to check them out, but my next cruise certainly will be with someone else. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>