Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by kristin's mom: Had a great time

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Had a great time

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We have been to the Bahamas before, so this trip was to get away. The ship is huge, but at no time did we feel that 4,200 was to many. Yes it is true that people who are in the Haven have priority for everything. But that is why their prices are higher. We booked an inside room, because that is what we can afford. The room was nice, but not sure how things would be for 3 or 4 people. For my husband and I we had plenty of room for out things.

The 3rd night we were woken by a mechanical banging sound. We called guest services twice, but no one came to hear the sound. My husband got fully dressed, went to guest services and requested that someone come to our room to hear the sound. By the time the person came 20 mins. had passed and the sound stopped.

We were told the next day by guest services that they did not know what the sound was. We tried to explain we were more upset, because no one came. But they did not seem to understand what we were complaining about. For More this reason they offered to move us. At first we didn't want to do it because we liked the location of our room and we would have to pack everything up. We agreed to move the next day since they offered a balcony room. We got 2 1/2 days use out of a room that was 6 rooms from the front of the ship. It was a nice room that had a sofa and a little more storage. But that balcony was very small. I don't think I would ever pay for one.

We ate mostly in the MDR for dinner. The food was fine in the buffet, but nothing special. We never had to wait in long lines and never had a problem finding a table. Staff stood near the entrances and sprayed your hands. There were also dispensers and sinks near by to clean your hands.

I didn't think the show were great, but it was nice to have something to do in the evenings. If I were to go on the Breakaway again, I would not see them. I also didn't like the smell of cigarette smoke that surround areas near and in the casino. Smoking is permitted in all areas of the casino and on the deck 8.

Embarkation and debarkation went fine. There is some waiting time involved, but not extremely long. I would sail again on the Breakaway. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 11635

The inside room was fine. We had enough storage for our items. I would question what these rooms would be like if the 3rd and/or 4th person were teenagers or older.