Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by tkck0926: If your goal is to relax, than this ship is just fine

tkck0926
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

If your goal is to relax, than this ship is just fine

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

I took this cruise with my spouse (we r in our 40's) and my retired parents (60's). We all live in Maryland so we were more interested in getting away to relax without the extra expense and frustration of airports. Overall, the Grandeur and her staff fit the bill perfectly. It isn't the biggest or the best ship I have ever sailed but I would not hesitate to sail her again. We had a perfectly relaxing and enjoyable cruise vacation.

EMBARKATION: The staff at the Baltimore Cruise pier never fail to impress me. We were through security, checked in and on the ship in approximately 20 minutes. Super easy!

ENTERTAINMENT: This is going to be the most negative part of my review. With the exception of the aerial show, the entertainers were easily the worst I have ever seen. I felt as if I had walked onto the set of "The Lawrence Welk" show. The musicians were performing sets that matched every old cruising cliche you could imagine. My Parents agreed with my assessment so I More know it wasn't necessarily a generation thing. If you like great entertainment and fun activities, this may not be the ship for you.

FOOD: We ate most of our meals in the Windjammer or the Park Cafe. Overall, I thought the food was pretty good. (especially the Indian food!) The salad bars were kept well stocked and I felt there was always a good variety of dishes to choose from on the buffet. The roast beef sandwiches and the grilled paninis at the Park Cafe were family favorites. I will say that the desserts were THE BEST I had ever had on any ship on any cruise line.

PUBLIC SPACES: I felt the ship was very well maintained. Again, this isn't the most modern ship but I was always able to find a comfortable spot to plop down with a book.

CABIN: We chose an inside cabin. We had adequate storage space and the bed was pretty comfortable. Not fancy but no complaints.

CREW: Overall, the crew was very friendly and very helpful. One minor complaint, we were almost 3 hours late departing Baltimore on sail away day. It was about 2 hours after our scheduled departure before the Captain made an announcement acknowledging the late departure, explain why we were delayed departing Baltimore and to give us a revised estimated departure time. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>