Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Havana Daydreamer

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Havana Daydreamer
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: Havana Daydreamer
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

An awfully noisy Breeze

I'll start by stating that we booked our cruise over Spring Break so our 18 year old son could come with us. If we knew that he wouldn't have been able to make it, we probably would have cruised at a different time.

We booked out cruise in May of 2013. We chose the Carnival Breeze 6 night sail because we wanted to try a larger ship than the Conquest that we sailed in 2011. The decor and extra dining options on the Breeze were a welcome change. However, one of our biggest complaints was the layout of the ship.

Perhaps the most frustrating area was the Lido Marketplace Buffet. There was ample seating. However, the layout of the buffet lines did not work. The buffet lines closest to the beach pool were very long. The lines further back in the buffet area were shorter, but then further from Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana. Lines for the Blue Iguana were always long. If you wanted something from the buffet and Blue Iguana at one sitting, you had to decide which to eat cold. The only full dessert buffet was towards the back (the one at the front had a smaller selection). This left us going back and forth over the very slippery floors trying to get all of our food for lunch daily. Breakfast was such a zoo the first day that we opted for breakfast via room service the rest of the trip. Lines for Guys Burgers were long but worth it. However, staff couldn't keep up with condiments at the condiment station. I was happy to have a full hot meal but had to wait for condiments. I hear the chipotle mayo was great, but it was always out.

Despite my usually great sense of direction, I was always confused which way was forward with this ship. Others complained of this as well.

My biggest complaint about the Breeze was the noise level. I assume it would have been quieter if not over Spring Break, but we experienced similar issues on the Conquest in 2011. The noise level in the beach pool area was ridiculous. I've come to expect this on a Carnival cruise. However, the bass from the pool area could be heard from my balcony. I enjoy sitting on my balcony to the sound of the waves. This was not possible on this cruise. The others on their balcony were loud, be it adults or kids. The noise started when the sun came up and lasted until long after I went to bed. The Breeze does not have an adult only pool, so I was only able to get into the pool on the first day before the 1500 kids took over the ship. The Serenity area is a great option, but still must have relaxing music playing to attempt to cover up the screams of the kids from the next door Water Works area. There was no place to cool off, as the only water options for the adults were hot tubs. I purposely booked our cabin between two cabin only decks to avoid the noise that can come with staying below or above a common area. There was no peace in our cabin, as children could constantly be heard jumping overhead or running up and down the hallways.

Our room was spacious, staff were good but not great, food was good, ship was clean. We loved the Red Frog pub's atmosphere, drinks and entertainment. Comedy show was good but short. Did not attend any other shows. Lighting in the blush dining room is a very harsh hot red/orange that flashes with green towards the end of dinner nightly. Not pleasant. Enjoyed walks all the way around the ship on deck 5 to see the front and back of ship. Disembarking the ship at the end of the cruise was the most disorganized mess I'd ever seen.

We believe Carnival has great cruises for the money. However, we are looking for some peace and quite on our next vacation and do not plan on booking with Carnival in the future.

Publication Date: 04/11/14