Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by plodders

Cruise Date: September 2014
Embarkation: other
Destination: Mediterranean
Cabin Category: platium
See More About: Thomson Majesty Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Majesty Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Spirit of Iberia/Spanish sensations

We booked this cruise a year ago. We arrived at port and got of the coach we then queued to get our cruise cards. We then had to queue to get to the entrance. They closed the doors because of the volume of people, We can accept this, but there were very few staff present, in fact they were badly understaffed. We spent a hour creeping up the stairs to the scanners. Once through the scanners there was a horrendous snake queue to get to check-in there was no staff present and people were trying to push in . My wife being blind could not go to the loo on her own because it would mean we would loose our place. We spent best part of three hours queuing to check-in. There were no drinks being offered. We got to our room at long last, the room was lovely.

The FOOD. If you like cold (luke-warm ) food you will like it, when we complained to the head waiter he said that was how it comes up We went to get our selfs a mugs of tea, the water was tepid it had that scum on the top that tells you that it is not hot enough. Again I asked why it was like that and all I was told is that is normal and it dose not get any hotter

We went to the seven seasons restaurant hoping the food might be hotter but no it was just the same.

My wife being blind ,I read the menu to my wife. The waiter came to take my order and as I was asking my wife what she wanted the waiter said to me Quote" are you talking to me or her " unquote this was said in front of several other people. We got up and walked out. We then started going to the four seasons restaurant again the food was just as bad. If you want normal portions you will be disappointed the portions were minute we in fact lost weight on this cruise and that is a fact.

The ship lost its engines in a force 7 gale in the early hours of the morning and the alarms for the crew to take stations went of, this was very concerning . The Captain handled this problem rather badly I am certain other reviews will go into more detail.

The main shows were brilliant up to Thomson high standard unlike the food. which was not

The trips we found ok not to expensive the only critisism is they tried to do to much in to short a time.

When we got home we complained to ""Thomson customer care" and there reply was not very good They told me basically that they can only inform the ship of our opinions but they can't make them change them. I was to blame because I did not go to the reception to lodge my complaints, therefore I did not have a leg to stand on, The ship was on a massive cost cutting exercise, under staffed, poor quality food and they made sure they kept there fuel bill down for prepairing the food using minimum heat. The food was horrendous I would tell people not to go on this ship if they do they go on at there stomachs peril. I have been on many Thomson cruises and this cruise let them down. Customer care told me that the ships staff were new had not been trained properly so god help us if we had to abandon ship. We have a cruise booked on this ship in September, we are having to contemplate cancelling this cruise and loosing £500? Thomson say that there customer care is important, but you only find out how good it is when things go wrong, like the ship it is not very good

Publication Date: 04/11/14