Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dmccue

Member Name: dmccue
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Auckland
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Wheelchair Friendly Sky Suite 2134

I Loved it.

We arranged for an accessible Sky Suite in case the accessible Veranda rooms were not big enough and it was fantastic. I did take a look in an accessible veranda room at the end of the cruise and it would have been fine as well but hey why not spoil yourself every now and then.

The bathroom was huge with hand rails & shower seat and easy to use. Lowered hand basin and hand shower as well. The room had plenty of room to move around and plenty of side access for the bed. Automatic door to get in/out of the suite and the staff were excellent. On Board plenty of facilities for wheelchair eg, toilets etc and a reserved space for WCHR's in the Theatre for the shows.

I was a little disappointed that the port of call for Christchurch was Akaroa instead of in town so we couldn't get off but instead we enjoyed the ship for the day instead.

We got off in Tauranga, Wellington and Dunedin but stayed on for the tender days.

Food was excellent in the Grand Dining room and Oceanview café and we went to Silk harvest, Tuscan and Blue, Bistro on Five and they were stupendous.

We had the premium drinks package and it was excellent value.

Being a Suite passenger I would have thought they would have been a little more help available to board/deboard but unfortunately we were basically left to our own devices to get on off apart from the service staff pushing us up/down the walkway. Arrival into Sydney was poorly arranged and no assistance with baggage or getting through the queue and finding a cab but I guess from other reviews that is not necessarily Celebrity's issue but more the Sydney Port Authority I guess from what I read it said that we would have received some sort of priority/assistance.

I have already booked my next cruise with Celebrity and can't wait.

Publication Date: 04/11/14