If you like Kinkade : Star Princess Cruise Review by Cruise4476
Overall Member Rating
If you like Kinkade
Embarkation: Los Angeles
1. The waiters, bar staff, entertainment coordinators and room stewards were always friendly, professional and helpful. They are a great team that deserve a better cruise line and management team.
2. Scholarship@Sea featured interesting speakers, arts & craft projects and even zumba. Even many of the movies and features had some connection to Hawaii.
3. Formal seating lunch and dinner had improved significantly in terms of food quality.
Areas that need significant improvement:
1. Breakfast buffet was limited, poor quality and repetitive. For example Celebrity Cruise Lines offers "manned" food preparation stations for Eggs Benedict and Omelets (not special More request).
2. Their "Wine Tasting" with 400 other people was abysmal. Many passengers were talking loudly and not letting the speakers be heard. It is definitely a different set of people cruising.
3. Many ships officers had thick accents. My concern was could they communicate to the crew, primarily Filipino and Eastern European, in the case of an emergency (Costa Concordia all over again).
4. The ship docked late at several ports (without adverse seas). While not critical to vacationer it reflected a lack of professionalism. Several tours were late in leaving.
5. I don't buy my art at sea nor on the shopping channel. Art is suppose to stimulate a reaction. Offering Kinkade prints as "art" certainly did. Less
Cabin review: D315
The cabin was very clean but worn. Needs to be refreshed. Pillows were nice but bed was very uncomfortable.
May 2017 - Clean ship, great s...
Sydney to Honolulu 2017 A trip...
Being able to view the active ...
Aloha Hawaii - 15 day Roundtri...
Beautiful California Coast Cru...