Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Allisonfaye: Loved it!

Allisonfaye
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved it!

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We loved our first ever cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.

Things we liked: we booked a suite and the utilization of the space was excellent. Plenty of storage space everywhere including the bathrooms.

Cleanliness. They are obsessive about cleanliness. It's good.

Loved all the ports of call. Castaway Cay is wonderful in every way. Clean, nicely laid out and of course, beautiful.

Food: food was ok. We are big foodies and eat in some pretty good restaurants so we are a bit spoiled. Most people would find it pretty good, I think. Remy was good. My husband liked Palo, I didn't think it was that great. We didn't do the buffet at Remy. I have been to some high end buffets and they don't really do much for me. I am a quality over quantity of food kind of gal.

Shows: They have a new show every night. Most were really good. They had a hypnotist that was a lot of fun especially when he got a cocky guy to come up and do his rendition of One Direction. More He also had two women (one was accidental) thinking they were Elsa from Frozen singling Let it Go. It was a riot. Aladdin was my favorite show. The guy who played the Genie was wonderful and hilarious.

Entertainment: I did bingo twice. Don't do it early. The jackpot is always going to be won in the last session. But it will be crowded for sure.

Things we didn't like:

All the public areas are cold. I am one of those people who is always cold so this was no surprise. Everyone is always talking bout being green. I wish they would stop freezing us with the a/c everywhere we go. Bring sweaters.

The servers rotate with you as you go through your dining rotation. They are almost to the point of being intrusive, constantly asking you how things are, can they get you anything and what you did that day. Call me crazy but I don't really like idle chitchat with the waitstaff.

Kids pools: small and very crowded. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>