Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by pamela398: Just off our first royal Caribbean cruise! WOW!

pamela398
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Just off our first royal Caribbean cruise! WOW!

Sail Date: March 2014

My big family(2 teenagers, 3 early 20's and my husband & I) just returned from a wonderful cruise to the western Caribbean on the Liberty of the Seas! As a couple(pre kids) we had taken 4 cruises, and with the kids this is our 4th( 3 previous cruises on Carnival). We were all impressed at how beautiful and well taken care of the ship was.

We splurged on a balcony for us, with the kids in 2 rooms across the hall(best decision we could have made!). The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had plenty of storage. We moved the glass coffee table into the closet immediately, I could envision tripping over it in the dark on the way to the bathroom. Gale, Our room attendant was beyond attentive! When the zipper on my daughters dress broke, she took it to the ships tailor while we were on an excursion and had it repaired by dinner that night!!! We never asked her to, she just did it!!! Every other steward we've ever had pale in comparison to her.

We ate dinner in the main More dinner room 4 of the 5 nights, and were very pleased with the quality of the food and of course, the service. At home we don't frequent fine dining restaurants very often, so it was quite the treat for us. We chose my time dining, and usually had a 30 minute wait but we just took that time to explore the ship. The pager they gave us reaches anywhere on the ship, so we just stroller around. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer every morning and the food was good, plentiful were always able to find a table for 7(not always an easy task). One mini complaint.....the orange juice and apple juice were always warm, I believe they were poured into newly washed and hot glasses. The dining room attendants were happy to add ice when asked. Since I'm an early riser, loved grabbing a hot cup of tea and lemon poppyseed muffin at 6 am at the promenade cafe, sooooo peaceful!

We didn't get to see everything or do everything on the ship, but we did enjoy the flowrider(lines moved quickly, and you learned a lot from watching the others before you), sorrento's pizza(for the quick snack late at night), the On Air karaoke bar and recording studios. Surprised they didn't have it opened every night and when they did it was only an hour! The place was packed, standing room only, not sure while they wouldn't extend the show times, couldn't cost much to have the passengers entertain each other! Not much nightlife for my 20 yr olds. We thought the catacombs night club might be the place for them, but the music was dated, played nothing recorded in the last 10 years. I would say royal Caribbean has done a great job attracting young families, lots to do for the little tots, not as much for the 20-something crowd.

We loved the fact that the pools and hot tubs were open 24 hours! The kids really took advantage of that! Nothing like eating pizza and then hot tubbing at 1 am! Days at sea(2) we enjoyed the sun at the back of the ship, just below the flowrider. It wasn't as windy and very tranquil, with just a little music from the flowrider area. Just ideal! If you want a drink, you'll need to take a stroll over to the bar since the waiters don't make it back there. If you're looking to get away from the crowds, this is the place for you!

We didn't book an excursion through the ship, we went with an independent vendor. Both were incredible!!! We visited Goff's Caye in Belize and Passion Island in Cozumel. I will review these excursions on the port of call boards.

To wrap it up.....we were incredibly impressed with Royal Caribbean! With all the amenities, facilities, dining options, and activities available, if you don't have a good time then you can't have a good time anywhere!!! Would book again in a moment, no hesitation! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 8234

Our cabin was quiet, clean, comfortable and well cared for by our room attendant Gale. Plenty of storage. We put the unneeded coffee table in the closet as soon as we arrived. The balcony was roomy. Very convenient being so close to the elevator.