“3 1/2 stars”

mdcatlett
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Be prepared to sail on the Mississippi River for 6 hours.

I will say, I was a little concerned about the weather. But on our first day at sea it was pretty decent weather, a little windy but nice.

Cozumel was nice, but very touristy. We were almost late to our Deluxe Sail & Snorkel due to the fact you have "HAVE" to walk completely thru this port building while people were dragging their feet looking at all the liquor and cheap cigs.

The Elation was quite old. but the cruise was VERY reasonable. The food was just ok. The one thing my 13 yr old loved was the 24hr pizza and ice cream. The comedian was funny. The food was mediocre. For the most part, every employee was very friendly and eager to answer any questions we had. Over all, if I book this ship again, I would like to do the 5 day cruise.

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

M160
Tv was a "tube" type tv. Beds were comfy. Service was awesome! Bathroom was always clean and we never needed a clean towel. Great Room Service.

Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party

I will say the excursion was awesome. The guys were great. Kept the beer and margaritas coming. They also served sodas as well. They took us to a snorkel location on the way to the beach. It was hard to snorkel in a big group but my husband and 13 yr old daughter loved it. I personally loved snorkeling at "Trunk Bay, St John"-AMAZING! You only snorkel for maybe 30 mins before your boarding the boat to head to the beach activities. But anyways, the crew was entertaining and very polite and friendly. The island was great. Filled with hammocks, cabanas, and many water toys (trampolines, slides, and many others). The food had a price, but we did not purchase.

Published 04/11/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?