Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by teddybear12

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by teddybear12
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: teddybear12
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

A Teen's Perspective

We sailed on Enchantment of the Seas (RIC) to the Bahamas for a 4 night cruise, March 24-28, 2014 for Spring Break. We decided on a short cruise as our teenager (son,17) has never cruised and was reluctant to spend the whole break on a ship. WELL, by the end, he had made so many friends on the ship that he referred to it as "the BEST vacation EVER" - and our family has been on many wonderful and fun vacations.

We found the check in process at the terminal was quick and very efficient - took less than 10 minutes from start to finish and we were on board ! Our Suite 8020 was ready early and we were blown over with it's beauty, balcony, bathroom size and storage ! Our cabin attendant, Elmer, introduced himself and proved to be the best ever (hubby and I have cruised 3 times before) and we voted him for the WOW program - special recognition for a job meticulously done !

Loved traveling on a smaller ship - making new friends was easy and catching up with folks you would run into time and again was nice too. Our dinner mates were a family of 3 as well (from Arkansas) and we enjoyed their dinner company very much. The My Fair Lady Dinning room served beautifully presented food each evening, our teenager LOVED the roasted duck with cherry sauce, the tiger shrimp, Caesar salad and a lot of new foods from MY plate as well !

The weather was PERFECT during this week - I stayed on ship when we docked in Nassau and CoCo Cay as I wanted to enjoy the view and breezes form our balcony - I wish I had remembered the binoculars though ! Our son spent a lot of time with his newly made friends while in port and had a great time - a parent needs to ok anyone under 18 leaving the ship. However, once in Nassau, the businesses there rarely check i.d.'s (drinking age is 18 there) so that could be a problem if a teen decides to order alcoholic drinks at the age of 15-17 who look to be 18) - discuss with your teens !

The Windjammer Café was great for any meal (be careful when using some of the tongs to serve yourself, they need to keep them out from under the heating lamps, sometimes too hot to handle! - wouldn't buy the soda cup next time as there is plenty of water, ice tea, punch and lemonade as well as milk, coffee. I would use that money to give an exceptional room attendant and extra special tip. Our room was so close to the Windjammer that we could have plenty of choice for quenching our thirst. I loved how there were Purell sanitizer foam stations before you entered any of the eating places - as a nurse, I really appreciated that they were looking to prevent illness.

All the ship's entertainment was rebroadcast on the rooms' tv so if you prefer some privacy in the evening, you won't miss a thing! Also, the interactive map stations meant you never had an excuse to get lost.

My husband and I had sailed Royal Caribbean in 1985 for our honeymoon and so much has changed in the last 29 years but NOT the amazing experience that RCI provides for all its passengers. We are now completely spoiled to staying in a suite and will return in the near future, God willing!

Publication Date: 04/11/14