Carnival Elation Cruise Review by cruisecat74: had fun on the fun ship :)

cruisecat74
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Eastern Caribbean Cruises

had fun on the fun ship :)

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

Hello there! I really liked the Elation.my soon and I live in Europe and were visiting family in Louisiana who invited us to go on this Cruise. Worth to mention that it was our first cruise so we were not really full of expectations and decided not to read reviews before getting on the ship. I was positively surprised, the staff were very friendly and helpful, food was very good as well, we always ate at the main dining room to avoid crowds. There were plenty of activities going on during the afternoon and evening. I enjoyed the dance classes, Karaoke, Trivia, Comedy shows . Main Shows were not that good, it was unnecessarily loud and the singers were not very good either.my son (11y) tried camp carnival twice but was not really entertained so he rather went to the arcade with his dad or play mini golf. The Cabin (ocean view)was a little dated but clean, I'll recommend to bring your own Shampoo bc the one they provide left my hair a real mess :( . Passengers were all very nice IMO I More really liked a group of ladies from Jackson Mississippi they really made my evenings at the kareoke show with Tina ;) so much that once my son grows up I'll apt for a job as the kareoke lady! Lol. All in all a fun experience if you are laid back, have few expectations and travel with family members. I lack cruise experience I know but I've been doing some research and I know about what other ships have to offer. If you are looking for fun then go for Carnival. We booked our next cruise on the MSC Easter Mediterranean, I made the mistake of reading reviews but I'll let you know once we return.

;) Less