Costa Serena Cruise Review by dwergkees59

Member Name: dwergkees59
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Costa Serena Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Costa Serena Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Serena Deck Plans
Mediterranean trip, big success!!

Let me starts to explain that my wife and I have travelled to and in many countries and we usually would stay in 4 star or higher hotels. As I would become 65 years of age on the 11th. of February my wife and I decided to do something special this year and book a cruise on the Mediterranean on the Costa Serena (Savona, Naples, Palermo,Tunis, Barcelona, Marseille, Savona) . As every traveler should do, prior to our booking we looked at the various reactions made by previous travelers on this trip. The first evening and night (as soon after the ship departed from Savona), my wife got seasick, in a way that she had to skip dinner altogether. The next evening departing from Naples the same happened, but taking sea-sickness tablets (provided on the ship) , my wife endured the dinner. After that she didn't have seasickness again. The meals on the ship were considered by both of us to be perfect!! I can not imagine that anybody would complain about this as the selection of food was fabulous!! Everything on board seemed to be well organized (maybe except for the lengthy time the life-boat instruction lasted) . The booked excursions all worked out fine.The only thing to improve on is to my opinion the fact that you need to pay for the use of WIFI. That seems to me to be a bit out of fashion.

Publication Date: 04/11/14