Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by albe1

Member Name: albe1
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
A lot of feedback, but little action taken

I've cruised before and have received a plethora of requests from NCL in the last 3 days since my cruise ended to take a survey on my experience. My main issue is the food on the cruise. I recorded in my answers to their surveys that the food was poor; however, I see that a multitude of people for months maybe years commenting on the same exact think about the Sky. NCL really wants to have the appearance that they care about your experience,but it really seems to me that's all they are concerned with...."appearance". They have done nothing apparently about the cardboard pizza, hamburger and hot dog buffet. The rib eye steak that I had in the sit-down restaurant at dinner was no better. This was the worst rib eye I have ever had....I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a rib eye with gristle through the entire steak. I do have compliments on the wait staff, although some appeared afraid for their jobs if they make a mistake....I heard "sorry boss" more than a few times on this cruise. The water in all the restaurants was excellent. Whatever type of water filtration they are using is first class and was the highlight of my trip. I like leaving my bags at the counter, not with someone standing 100 feet in front of the terminal that I'm not sure works for NCL or not. We were just going to take our bags to the terminal when this guy yells at us.."leave your bags here!". We were a little wary but after seeing his badge left our bags with him and as we started to leave he told us "what?, no tip?. We gave him a $5 tip but what kind of treatment is this?

We tried to book a shore excursion in Nassau while on the ship. Our first two choices were not available so we went with the See and Sea Tour. Our shore excursion was ok, waiting well part the departure time on the pier to leave. The submarine tour was awesome but when we returned to the dock had to wait 15-20 minutes for a bus to arrive....went to the fort for a tour and when it was done we waited another 15-20 minutes just for the bus to leave again. Suggest your shore excursions are book through another company as even most of the ones NCL lines has most likely will not be available.

One last thing, if you plan on going to a show in the Stardust Lounge, you may want to bring a pillow from your room as padding. The chairs are so uncomfortable you will need one.

Publication Date: 04/10/14