Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Budget Queen: Another great cruise. :)

Budget Queen
Member Since 2000
42,545 Posts

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise. :)

Sail Date: March 2014

This was cruise 87 for me with the easiest "transfer". We walked one ship over from the Conquest. We did have a little wait getting on the ship as we had to arrive earlier than we usually do due to having to disembark from the Conquest. We are platinum and were on the ship early. Room was ready and luggage arrived shortly after. Lunch on the lido was ok. We don't cruise for the food, and usually skip one meal per day. We ate in the dining room only once for the sea day brunch. No dinners in the dining room this trip.

This cruise was added on, while we were on the Splendor the end of January, taking advantage of the double OBC offer. We had already booked the Conquest a week earlier while on the Dream, taking advantage of the same deal. :)

The Western itinerary is definitely my preference for the Caribbean. It was the same itinerary on the Conquest.

We booked a cheap inside cabin, ended up on deck 7 which was just fine. This sailing was during Spring Break, More no issues affected our cruise. A few times there was brief loud talking at all hours in the hall. Room steward, as usual was excellent.

We did enjoy the Comedy club a few nights.

I had a large OBC (over 1/3 the cost of the cruise) so, I did get some ship shore excursions. The transportation to Tabyana Beach in Roatan was a good choice due to the short port time. This beach continues to be a preference of mine. Plenty of shade and superb, easy snorkeling. Although I prefer going out of Caye Caulker in Belize privately, I booked the Rendezvous Snorkel trip. It was OK, the snorkeling wasn't clear and the water a little rough. You are guided, placed in groups. I went in the intermediate, since I'm a long time snorkeler, and was glad I didn't go in the advanced. I did get a little winded toward the end and having to swim against the surf, but did ok. The guide did give a good "tour" pointing out and naming different sights. But the group was too large and too crowded. There were a few shaded areas which I got a bench at. Worked out fine. I did have over an hour wait for the boat trip back. I am not one to lay out in the sun. ::) In Grand Cayman- I again, went out with my priority vendor- Cpt Marvin. I continue to have excellent trips with them, going out with them about 20 years. I got on the same boat I was on the week prior with an 18 year old cpt, per my request. Another excellent tour. :)

We disembarked early and had little wait for a cab to Miami airport. This was a 5 week trip, that we enjoyed very much. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>