Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by cruisingsince94

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by cruisingsince94
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: cruisingsince94
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Recent criticisms simply didn't happen to us

My wife and I decided to give Celebrity a try after 16 cruises with Royal Caribbean. We have not gone out of Fort Lauderdale in a long time and after reading a couple of reviews on the port and on Constellation I was a bit concerned. Our flight into Fort Lauderdale was delayed by about an hour so we arrived at the port at about 12:30pm. I expected long lines to get in to the port, to drop off our luggage, and to check in. The process went extremely smooth and from the time we stepped out of the taxi to the moment we stepped onboard was less than 20 minutes. The rooms were already available so we went up to our room to drop off some things before heading up to get a bite to eat in what we expected to be a mob scene with no place to sit, etc. It was busy but there was no real wait and we had no issue finding tables toward the back. The food was good and there were a variety of choices. The fruit is what makes it for us and it was fresh and so good tasting. We next went to the main dining room to see what table we got for dinner. We are diamond members with RCL and always request a table for two. We always seem to be assigned to a table for 8 or 10 but they change it when we go ask. I expected much the same on Celebrity with this being our 1st time on them but lo and behold they put us at a table for two from the start. As for the ship itself its design makes it seem larger than it is. They utilize all the available space very well. With the recent updates the colors throughout were very pleasing and the ship looked clean and well maintained. I read a number of complaints about poor service, unfriendly staff, etc, but we experienced none of that. From the time we stepped on to the time we disembarked the service was outstanding. We ate in the MDR every night and the food was excellent as was the service. Every entrée was properly cooked and had great taste. I especially liked the apple pie on this ship. I am 52 and it was the best I have ever had and my uncle ran a bakery. His was the standard I have compared all others to and this one is the 1st to beat his. Sorry Uncle Ted. Our balcony cabin was clean and comfortable and there was plenty of room for storage of all our things. Our room steward was wonderful and very friendly. The pools were busy and we had a lot of spring breakers onboard but there were always deck chairs available. The solarium was very quiet and there were little nooks all over the ship to slip into a chair and just read a book if you want. The entertainment was very typical for a 5 night cruise. The comedian was ok but not one of the better we have seen onboard. The magician and the contortionist however were extremely talented and entertaining. Disembarkation, I have read horror stories about. Not here. We were scheduled to be called off the boat at 8am but we got off 15 minutes early. By 8am we already had our luggage, cleared customs, and was on our way to the airport. No, we did not do self-departure. We were very impressed with Celebrity and the Constellation. It met and exceeded our expectations. In fact, we have already booked 2 more on her within the next year.

Publication Date: 04/10/14