Pride of America Cruise Review by Cozumel Jim: Blue Hawaii

Blue Hawaii

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

Nine of us flew in a day early to enjoy the island. Small motor coach picked us up and took us to dock. I tipped driver before leaving hotel and asked if there was anyway we could avoid the crowd. They drove pass the crowd and dropped us off at a different entrance. I flagged a porter and tipped him and asked if he could help me get these 8 women onboard. He smiled and took our luggage and said follow me. The look on my group and look on the other passengers in line.....priceless. My Dad always said, "take care of your people and the rewards will come". Enough of that.

The ship was just the right size for the cruise. The food was good, the service was great and the people were friendly. Our balcony was tight but had everything you need. This was our first NCL and we would use NCL again. When you first walk in, wow! River boat style. I'm not much on French food, but the duck was amazing. There was a bunch of folks from Down Under and they are always fun. We were gone all the More time on shore so we didn't get to use all the services aboard. This has to be the most cost effective way to island hope. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pride of America Review >>

Cabin review: Pride of America BD/9168

Everything you need, plus a coffee pot! Good bed and nice sized balcony.

Circle of Fire

We flew in helicopter. Great flight with many photo opts.

Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour

Amazing!

Great Island Circle Tour

Walked off ship, got our luggage and short walk to bus. 6 people. Many photo opts. and stops. A great way to spend the day. North shore, Polynesian Culture Center. Dropped us off at our hotel.

Pearl Harbor

Took the big tour. Bus picked up up at hotel with our luggage. We saw USS Arizona, Bowfin, and Mighty Mo. We had lunch At Ford Island in the Naval Air Station hanger. We later drove thru Punchbowl Crater and visited several bulidings and sites downtown. The bus dropped us off at airport in time for us to check in, grab a bite to eat and board aircraft for our flight back to Houston.

Luau

This is the best on the islands! Smith Family, they do it up right! Camera again.

Read 5 Luau Reviews

Waimea Canyon

Bring your camera!

Snorkeling

(3)

Not impressed. They giving non-swimmers noddles or skim boards to hang onto instead of life jackets. Thire equipment was below pair, fins outdated and snorkels weren't kept in good shape. I got two leakers before one worked. I love the water, and was raised around it. Bunch of yahoos running this excursion.

Haleakala Crater

Awesome!

Road to Hana

Made whole circle on tour bus. Fed us and many stops for photos opts.