Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by lynvirgin: Fantastic Ship but add ons got completely out of hand

lynvirgin
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Mediterranean Cruises

Fantastic Ship but add ons got completely out of hand

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I had a wonderful cruise but the expenses just added up. The taxes and 15% service charge, paying for your own drinking water, paying for shuttle buses, it just went on and on. The shore trips were very expensive and we were not looked after or informed and just left to figure it all out on our own.

My cabin was spotless in every way and I was very comfortable. It was dark and quiet and I felt very little movement. I have never slept so well. My cabin was kept clean and tidy at all times with constant replenishment of clean bedding and towels. I think having a cabin in the middle of the ship reduces feeling queazy with rough seas.

The staff were exceptional in everyway and the shows and entertainment were fantastic.The food was mediocre and there was not enough staff to serve in the restaurants and the long waiting for a table was ridiculous. The raffles buffet was abhorrent and reminded me of any typical package holiday. I think the restaurants honestly were not More equipped to cope with the number of passengers at all. I think it would have been cheaper to have gone on an all inclusive cruise because I was made to spend double my initial outlay for the trip and I was only one passenger !

This is the 2nd cruise I have been on and was so disappointed will not bother to go and any others. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 8519

Montserrat Walking Tour

(3)

We were a bit rushed especially the long queue to see Mary, Mother of God in black. We had to get in and out before the Church service commenced andonce the Church service was in process we could not take any pictures. It was a very expensive trip and we did not do or see much to warrant that amount of money being spent.

Ape's Den

(2)

2 monkeys in the Ape's Den and they both looked rather old and seedy and pretty sick.

Rock of Gibraltar

(4)

We took too long to leave, ages at the border and the trip did not include a trip up to the top and to see the caves and apes etc. Ridiculous ! Another tour to book and more money dished out ! With only 4 hrs allowed we only had 45 mins left to shop and explore the town and have lunch. rather disappointing altogether

I caught the shuttle bus into Arrecife. It was a beautiful sunny day, a bit windy. I managed to find a beach and sunbather for an hour or so. Near the beach was a delightful restaurant where I had garlic sizzling prawns, a Canary Island speciality and they were amazing. I find the service and frienliness on the Canary Islands second to none !

This must truly be one of the most beautiful islands I have ever visited. Tropical plants, orchids and flowers in abundance everywhere. The people are friendly and festive and in a holiday mood all the time. I went up to the top in a cablecar, - the most spectacular views. I visited The Palace Gardens and could have spent the whole day there if I had the time, so much to see, plants, trees, statues, arts, fountains. koi fish, the delights just went on and on. The highlight was whizzing down the steep winding roads in a "basket", better than a go-kart/rollercoaster ride !