“Comfortable”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

Cruised many times and have accepted that "quality" is not available today, cut backs rule. And I am guessing the cruise industry doesn't care, whichever cruise line. Sailed most of them and one can be good in one area and another in others, finding the near perfect cruise is a mission.

P&O Arcadia is comfortable. 5% of crew/staff were amazing. Cruise director dismal and really should let the younger more appealing crew take over. Dining was hit and miss. Food was okay, edible most of the time. Excellent restaurant manager always polite and service minded. Some days a star waiter arrived and you thought, "YES" then it was back to the shambles waiting staff. We paid extra for the East and MP restaurants, why? more bowing and is everything alright? East we thought was a disaster.

Saw a few shows we thought the theatre was very well designed with great lighting and scene design.

Dancers tried very hard and succeeded in a happy, bright, event. Piano bar appeared to be popular and run by a very arrogant "outlet manager" who seemed to suffer from the same attitude that the cruise director did. They should try to be passengers perhaps? Excellent staff in the spinnaker bar.

Cabins? Hmmm adequate. On arrival onboard I sterilised the whole cabin, marks everywhere on doors, toilets, shower, basins, light switches. Am I a hygiene freak? I think I am observant and would never expect a client of mine to see such lack of cleanliness. I don't expect to pay for a cruise and clean. I have done this on BA business seating and the cruise before, Cunard. So standards are atrocious everywhere. However considering the passengers are reminded so many times to sanitise their hands…what about the crew/staff? Seen sneezing in the dining room, wiping their noses and hands on their trousers? Why aren't there sanitation units at the waiters stations? It is law everywhere else to have a hand wash unit where food is served? Why not on cruise lines.

Saw a suite and very happy I didn't pay for that, astonishing price for ? The bathroom was…awful.

Tour desk a shambles, just about everything the monotonous voice dragged on about wasn't true. When did she last go ashore? Quite funny really.

Overall passengers were mixed but in our opinion very nice and friendly, more relaxed and no attitudes as with Cunard. I still think P&O are overpriced for what you get, but perhaps that is just the way it is. Perhaps we relate to our standards at home and at work, we expect more. We used P&O to avoid flying to LA and didn't expect much so we were not disappointed and enjoyed our crossing, once we decided that nothing was going to change onboard because nobody cared. We took full responsibility to laugh and enjoy ourselves. In the old days a wonderful hotel manager took care of the details.

Arcadia Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Port

Wonderful place. Took ourselves to Coronado beach. The hotel concierge gave us a guided tour. Showed us where to go and why to do, nothing was too much trouble. We stopped in the gardens and a member of staff asked if we needed help? Oh service?! Yes!
Fantastic food on the beach restaurant, excellent service, happy smiling informative waitress.

Published 04/10/14
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Arcadia Review
Arcadia Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?