Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by crusluver

Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: DD
See More About: Pacific Jewel Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | P&O Australia Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Pacific Jewel Review (by Cruise Critic!)
NEVER CRUISE P&O AGAIN - BED BUGS??????????

I went with a friend on the Wine and Food Cruise 28 /3/14. I was not happy with the overall hygiene in the ship. I have cruised over a dozen times, mainly on Royal Caribbean and have never seen such poor hygiene practices. There wasn't anyone making sure you used the hygiene soap at the buffet or dining room. Walking up hall ways there was a smell of sewerage now and then. I started getting itchy on the second day of the cruise and by the time I returned home I had a severe rash and unbearable itch. I went to my doctor and he said I had bed bugs. Our cabin steward did not leave appropriate papers in our room on the first night and we missed out on booking a bus from the terminal on disembarkation. When we spoke to a crew member at reception they were very rude and not sympathetic or apologetic at all. We did not have our bed turned down at night which all other cruises do. The night before we disembarked we went back to our room after dinner at around 8pm to grab our jackets and the cabin steward was vaccuming our room which seemed very strange. It should have been done the next morning after we disembarked. Then later that night when we returned to go to bed we went to the safe to get our purses out and the safe door was already opened. Very poor security. The gym is very small way to small for 2000 passengers. The drinks were also very expensive. My family cruised on the Pacific Dawn many years ago and it was great. But after cruising with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity would NEVER cruise or recommend P&O to anyone. The food was also very poor. Not a lot to choose from the buffet. The dining room was OK but service very slow.

Publication Date: 04/09/14