Carnival Conquest 5

Budget Queen
Member Since 2000
48,367 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This cruise was booked on board earlier this year, taking advantage of a double OBC promotion. We flew here direct from LA after getting off the Princess Star. The Western Caribbean is my preference for the great snorkeling opportunities.

We did the Taquilla ship shore excursion in Cozumel which was very good. I went independent with my preferred snorkel vendor out of Grand Cayman, Cpt. Marvin for another excellent tour. Have gone with this same company over many years.

We did somehow get an upgrade to a balcony from a cheap inside. Only second time this has happened to me in 86 cruises. :) Was a very nice surprise. The balcony did get too hot depending on the position, but we did enjoy some time using it.

We only ate one meal in the dining room, rest was in the buffet area. I do like Carnival Pizza and Guys is good, although the fries seemed to be spicier on this ship. We don't care much about the food and usually skip one meal a day. I don't cruise for the More food.

There were a lot of spring breakers on board, but no negative issues I noted, except once in a while, some brief loud taking in the halls. :)

The entertainment was OK, we enjoyed the Comedy Club.

The repeater party per usual was very nice with large drinks. :)

I am a long time Platinum cruiser, and appreciate the benefits of the private lounges, free laundry and repeater party. I did use the benefit at guest services a couple times, unfortunately with some foul looks.

We enjoyed Mahogony Bay, was a nice relaxing afternoon. There were plenty of free shaded lounge chairs. We only bought 1 local beer, was reasonable in cost. It is a steep uphill return walk, if there are mobility limitations.

We had a wonderful weather week, and a very nice cruise. Less

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 04/09/14

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?