Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by hateseasickness: Huge Dissappointment

Huge Dissappointment

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Nassau

Where do I start?? After months of waiting for a fun girls get-a-way, I can't believe how disappointing our trip ended up. As soon as we walked on the ship from the post it smelled like sewage. The smell continued on through out the ship the entire time. We thought the smell would go away maybe it was just at the port. No, the sewage smell was in various areas. The first thing we noticed when we open our cabin door was the smell. It was so musty and the water smelled, the shower curtain smelled and over all felt gross. Thinking we would get a good night sleep was a mistake. The pillows were awful and the mattress was not comfy either.

The pool chairs all seemed dirty, old and some had bird poop. Hard to find chairs because people would be gone for long periods of time leaving their towels on the chairs to save them. The band or person that sang on Sunday was just AWFUL. He could not sing in tune. I complained and asked why we can't just listen to normal music & I was told More there was nothing they could do that the person singing was a professional singer and he would be on until 4:00pm. It was comical at the end of their set that they announced if you liked the music you could buy a CD, What? Are you kidding me. Why do they have music video playing on the big screens w/o the sound. Anything would have been better. If you are on a trip to the islands, you would think there would be steel drums and music like you are on vacation.

Our ship was not able to stop at CooCoo Cay because of the weather. The ocean was too rough to use the tender boats. This was a huge disappointment. They had nothing special for us to do being stuck at sea. We were stuck in the windy upper leave trying to soak up the sun and relax, but the music was just awful to listen to and try to relax. I found the lunches to be very bland and boring. The hamburgers looked they were boiled in water every time they had them out. They had the same cookies all 3 days. Not much to pick from because it was the same food everyday.

Was not impressed by the sit down dinner. Very bland food, no flavor and pretty much same food each night. Lots to pick from at buffet, but also pretty bland food. The dinner rolls were good and fries. That is pretty much what I ate the entire time and the salad bar.

We participated in a couple of activities that were fun. Listen to a small part of a song and then guess what the song and who sings it. The comedian on Sunday night was good. He was funny and interacted w/ the crowd. The 5th floor smells like smoke. The ship needs better ventilation or to be made non smoking. You can smell the smoke from the stairs/elevator area. It sticks because you have to walk through the casino to get to the piano bar and a couple other things at that end of the ship.

There were 11 of us girls and not one of us thought this ship/cruise was a very good experience. They need more staff that speak English as well. You can ask them a question and they would look at you w/ a blank look. The smell of sewage was bad but having your room smell like it has been flooded by toilet water and semi-dried out is just gross! We had friends in 3 other rooms down the hall and their rooms did not smell like ours. I honestly can't ever see myself going on this ship again. It needs a good cleaning, new band by the pool, and better food. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas 2018

Room 2018 smelled very musty and like sewage. I honestly think it was flooded at some point and they tried to dry it out. The water smelled and the shower curtain had a bad smell too. The person that cleaned the room tried to clean it and it smelled like bleach but soon after would smell musty and like sewage again. No mold in the shower area but just felt very unclean. Horrible pillows and mattress. Bring your own pillow. I guess being on the 2nd floor was a good thing on Sun night because the waves were huge and the ship was rocking. You feel it less on the lower floors. Like that we were close to the elevators but no too close.