Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by 4jaded

Member Name: 4jaded
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Santiago (Valparaiso)
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

So bad at Happy Hour guests gathered to laugh and share horror stories

I was unfortunate enough to pay for a 14 day Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity from Santiago Chile to Miami via the Panama Canal. I am a solo Male Passenger, 47 years old, with 27 years of Hospitality Management skills under my belt, and a total of 30 years of hospitality experience. I literally could write a book on how tragic this cruise ended up being, but I will stick to the larger broad issues. Basically if you find people 40-80 that are well traveled interesting you will enjoy your fellow passengers. That and about 9 of the 975 plus crew members I had good experiences with. The SS United States also has great food and service. Everything else aboard was so bad if I had not gotten so sick so many times it would have been laughable.

The ship is very poorly maintained to anyone with a trained eye and an ounce of interest. From large advertised destinations onboard, to the spilled sloppy paint job, rust, tarnished mirrors,and wood that lacked varnish, broken items,etc. the list is endless. The Management Crew on this ship are inept, defensive, rude, and completely unable to communicate with each other, their staff, or the customers in any effective matter be the issue large or small. I was Welcomed onboard the first Night to a wonderful dinner of Food Poisoning, which repeated itself a total of three times on this voyage. Later I was exposed to Noro Virus, became extremely ill, locked down in my room like a prisoner and was forced to eat food that is known to cause me gout. Upon emerging from Prison the entire ship seemed to be coughing at that point so the last two days at sea, I was treated to an upper respiratory infection, that evolved into full blown bronchitis which I'm still being treated for. As much as I would like to say the staff caused any of the problems would be totally unfair, as clearly management in every department failed miserably.

If you like an old ship that rolls nearly constantly, is poorly maintained, has poor quality entertainment,lost and damaged laundry, and food that will make you sick, Rush to call your travel agent and make the very next booking. Otherwise this one you might choose to avoid until they can get their act together. The frosting and candles on the cake, when we arrived in Miami those of us that chose express departure ie. we carry all our own items off without help, were sent to a room with two staff members who could not even tell us where the door to exit the ship was. I guess this is what Celebrity repeatedly told us onboard was " Modern Luxury".

Publication Date: 04/08/14