Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by nanya48

Member Name: nanya48
Cruise Date: March 2014
Shore Excursions 5+

Dont Waste Your Money!!! Overrated

I want to start by saying that I've cruised on Royal Caribbean & Carnival and I will never cruise with Norwegian ever again. I never write reviews but I wanted to warn people about Norwegian and the EPIC.

Where do I begin, I will start by saying that Im 38 years old, married with two teenagers.

-I DID NOT like that i had to make reservations for just about every show on this cruise. (nothing "free style" about that)

-We were a party of 16 we booked 8 cabins our cruise consultant a week prior to the cruise started screening his calls and would not answer my calls. I say this because i called him to ask general questions about items that we are allowed to take on the ship and I left him a message I called him 3 times one day on the 3rd call I assumed he was off so I left him a voice message to please call me back. the following day when he hadnt returned my call and it was noon time I called him, no answer. So I waited an hour blocked my number and guess who answered my cruise consultant from Norwegian. I was so bothered that I knew he was screening the calls I asked him a few questions and that was that. Someone from our party had a question so i called him back and again he didn't answer. He never called back I haven't heard from him til this day.

-on top of the fact that the cruise isnt cheap to begin with you, you have to come out of pocket for cirque dreams & "premium dinning". A ship with 4k passengers and it only has 4 places for you to eat free. 2 sit down style restaurants Taste on the 5th deck and Manhattan on the 6th deck, 1 pub style restaurant Osheeans on the 6th deck, and the buffet which is on the 15th deck.

-THE FOOD, boy o'boy by the 3rd day i was tired of eating it already. Youre on a ship for 7 days and NCL would not switch it up, breakfast was the same every where, everyday Im not kidding. If i wanted to eat the same food I would have stayed home. On the 6th night they finally switched dinner by making pork chops, oh and 1 out of the 7 nights they served lobster at the buffet.

-The comedy club was not good I give it a 2* no improv, dry humor if you ask me.

-You have to make reservations for the show and most of them were all booked we sailed on Sunday on Monday night i went to see Blue man group and found out I had to make reservations. When i tried the next available day was Friday. if you decide to waste your money on this cruise be ready to stand in lines the 1st day to make reservations before its all booked.

-NCL books all the adult shows late at night so if you are traveling with young children you are not able to make the adult late shows and if you want to go you will have to pay additional for the child care service in order to go.

-dont pay for the Nickelodeon meet and greet on the last days of the cruise they do come out to the pool deck for free.

-the pools are small, there are 2 slides and 1 bowl tunnel no big deal but the young kid enjoy it.

-its almost impossible to find an empty lounge chair. I was thankful they did think about a quiet area for adults all the way on the 18th deck with nice beds and chairs this is about the only well thought out section on this cruise.

ROOM:

-We had a balcony and it was nice, it spacious, the guy from housekeeping his name was Alvin he was very professional and nice and he made sure we didnt need for anything. We left him a tip everyday, but he was just a pleasant person.

Atmosphere:

-this is not a party boat this ship is for those that want to get away and eat the same food day in day out and have to make reservations for everything you do.

-The music was sorry the only time i enjoyed music was at 12am at Bliss on the 7th deck. This is how late you had to stay up to do something enjoyable.

-Adult Karaoke: older crowd a lot of country music, slow old music that ish would put me to sleep.

-Bowling there are two bowling alleys one in the pub and 1 in bliss that didnt open until 12:30am BLISS this is the only place to do anything on this ship late night.

At the end of the day I paid too much money and was stuck on a sorry cruise for 7 days. I spoke to a few people on the cruise that felt the same way.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

IF YOURE WITH YOUNG CHILDREN GO ON THE DISNEY CRUISE.

IF YOURE LOOKING FOR A GOOD PARTY TIME AND CHEAP GO ON CARNIVAL (good food)

IF YOURE LOOKING FOR A RELAXING CRUISE WITH GOOD FOOD GO ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN

the EPIC is over rated and expensive with nothing to do but lay and get sun.

I live in Miami and i can get that free here.

Publication Date: 04/08/14