Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by mariad503

Embarkation: Great Stirrup Cay
Destination: Bahamas

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Sandbagged by the Sky

Just came back from a Spring Break Cruise (March 24-28) aboard the Norwegian Sky. To say that I was extremely disappointed & underwhelmed is being mild. Embarkation was seamless & easy but it went downhill from there.

To start, the cabin was small & confining. The bathroom was uncomfortably claustrophobic. We had a balcony cabin & even that didn't make the quarters feel any bigger. I can't imagine how people without balconies survived these cramped conditions! Food was MEH! Specialty restaurants were OK but the breakfast & lunch buffets were bad & not varied. I traveled with my 10-year-old daughter who has been cruising with us since she was 3. What a disappointing kids camp! The workers had an "I don't really want to be here" attitude. My husband & I wanted to catch the adult comedy act one night & we took her to the after hours care. The worker was indignant that we were dropping her off, asking us how long we would be. Mind you, we had to pay for this service and they were indignant that they had to take care of kids after 10:30 p.m. My daughter was really unhappy during the week & didn't want to go. I have been cruising since 1995 & have been on 7 cruises to date; 5 of which have been with Carnival. I WILL NEVER stray again from Carnival! I love cruising with them & the Norwegian Sky can't compare to the terrific experiences I have had with Carnival. Sorry, Sky, but you disappointed on every level.

Publication Date: 04/08/14