Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Shrugged: Positive Pride Performance and Review

Positive Pride Performance and Review

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Our family of five traveled 3/23-3/30. Weather was NOT good and waves were challenging. Ports were as expected and I didn't expect much. Lessons learned?

1. Port Canaveral - rent a car (in advance) if your party is large. Probably hit the space center (Kennedy?) for the day. Just do it on your own - again if you have a larger party.

2. Nassau - we scuba dove at Stuart's Cove. Excellent all around. Complimentary shuttle service worked fine with ship's arrival time of 11a and pick-up at 11:45a. Saved a ton of money from the ship's trip planned for Freeport. Would do this again! (There was oil on top of the water and some of us got a nasty coating which cleaned up with rubbing alcohol.) Sea turtles, other aquatic life, and interesting structures in clear water were great. Staff was very, very good.

3. Freeport - nothing much to do. Spent money to get to a beach but the shuttle wait times were long and time-on-the-beach was too short. Again - the weather was More poor. SOME OF THE FREEPORT EXCURSIONS were cancelled due to the wind and waves. Snorkeling was cancelled though SCUBA was still on - I think.

4. Sea days? Nice but cold. Good entertainment in comedy club and Taj Mahal. Should have taken more advantage of the Pride band - excellent vocalist and players.

5. Wait staff and housekeeping? Also excellent. Enjoyed our interactions with all of them and the towel animals delighted us all.

6. Price of beer? Ridiculous. We took two bottles of wine (one per adult) on board and ordered a wine package for dinner each night. It was fun to select different wines and the bottle was enjoyed by three adults at dinner.

7. Décor? Interesting. My high-school aged boys (16, 18) found the naked ladies (and men) amusing. My 14 y/o daughter was a bit horrified and embarrassed by them. My husband thought the entire ship was gorgeous - renaissance type. Since I didn't have to cook or clean I found the ship absolutely delightful.

8. I'd choose the Pride again but probably not the same itinerary. Not much to be found at the ports of call as noted above. But leaving out of Baltimore was accessible (coming from Ohio). Wonderful fellow guests helped to make the trip truly enjoyable. Less

Published 04/08/14

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 8251

We got an upgrade at the last minute - from inner cabin to one with deck. SO glad we took it but should have negotiated a better price (or at least tried to do so!).

Shrugged
Member Since 2014
2 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X