Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Koozie72

Cabin Number: 12069
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

A few hiccups but they straightened them out (7.5/10)

I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.

THE GOOD: The ship was awesome. Very large, plenty of space to walk around on deck, plenty of loungers in the sun, didn't have to rush out early to grab a seat, many different spaces to choose from and areas where you can get away (deck 8 shuffleboard), adult deck up as high as you can go near starboard bow. lots to do, water slides, nice large sports deck, excellent gym, great pools, many jacuzzis, rock climbing wall, plenty of restaurants to choose from, food above average for a cruise ship, large deck on stateroom, plenty of storage space in stateroom, excellent entertainment. Blue Man Group and Cirque de Sol are a must attend. I love the band at Fat Cat's. Kids club staff is great. The specialty restaurants were very good, especially The French Restaurant, Le Bistro (lamb chops) and The Brazilian steak house. Cigar bar is a cool getaway for smokers of all kinds. Ice bar was a cool experience. So much to do, I did not get bored on sea days. On most ships I can get a little cagey. Overall I liked it and would recommend this ship to a friend. The ports were what you make of them. Do your research on Trip Adviser and don't stay near the ship. Go out and explore and you will have a great time.

THE BAD: NCL does not offer an unlimited adult beverage package during Spring Break and never told us, so we ended up spending more $$$ than anticipated on drinks. Our room was not very clean and our steward did a poor job. I got bed bug bights on first night, then they changed our mattresses and sheets and it was ok from thereafter. Overall the service was about average at best. Room service was a joke, they got every single order wrong. The Italian restaurant was way too bright (food was good). No bowling for kids under 6, my poor 5 year old was upset. Boarding and disembarkation was slow, but that is par for the course for any large ship I have been on. The pools had so much chlorine, it was very difficult to get the smell off of us. The buffet seemed to never change.

Publication Date: 04/08/14