Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by mereisman: Great for families!

mereisman
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great for families!

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our third cruise, first time cruising on Royal Caribbean. Traveled with my husband and our three teens. We chose this cruise line and ship based on the activities for teenagers. Pros: very clean ship, friendly staff, great activities, nice pools, strong drinks. Cons: the breakfast is VERY weak (same exact menu every day gets boring after day 1, nothing to look forward to), not enough fresh fruit and not a berry in sight; dinners and service in the Main Dining Room were very good; we traveled with our 18 year old and 17 year old friend. Unfortunately, they were not allowed to do activities together (17 year old was not allowed in nightclubs, 18 year old was not allowed to be in the teen club!); while understandable, it was disappointing. We organized our excursions on our own and were glad we did - cruise excursions looked very crowded and impersonal. Don't miss the Quest show - fabulous! We were unable to visit CocoCay as the waters were too rough - slight disappointment that I More understand happens with frequency. Simply a safety precaution. The captain made it up to us by allowing extra time in St Thomas. Nice recovery! One thing I didn't care for was the constant sales/promotions that were included on the daily activity guide. We were approached while eating breakfast by one of the staff selling a cookbook. Also, they sell drinks by the pool by hollering out - I felt I was at a baseball game. I really didn't care for this.

All in all, a great trip. I would consider sailing with Royal Caribbean again if sailing with the kids, but if not, would likely choose Celebrity instead. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>