Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by jagsfan1008

Member Name: jagsfan1008
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: E-211
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival doesn't care about its customers

I have a question..if you go to a restaurant, retail establishment, plane ride, hotel etc, and you are unhappy with their product/service, the give you a refund or try to do whatever they can to make the customer happy in hopes they’ll return with their business and promote their business with positive word of mouth. My family and I were just on the Ecstasy, and due to having to rescue 41 Cubans in a raft, we had to completely miss our port of call to Cozumel, and had to go to Nassau Bahamas instead. I am glad we were able to rescue those in distress, however that being said Carnival should make me as a guest happy and make it up to me some way some how seeing how I did pay to go to Mexico. That being said we paid over $2000 to take a cruise to Mexico and because the Coast Guard couldn’t fit all of the 41 people in distress, our cruise had to turn around on the way from Mexico to bring these people back to Key West, FL. Due to the detour we were unable to go to Mexico. Our cruise ship had to waste time all day Wednesday as a day at sea because Nassau didn’t have room to take us until Thursday. We had to cruise back to Key West, FL almost all the way to Ft. Lauderdale, FL just to make a U turn to go back to Nassau so we could arrive Thursday. Now, if I paid an airline to take me to Las Vegas and the ariline for whatever reason was detoured to say Alabama, the airline doesn’t expect me to just be “ok” with the fact that my paid trip, what I paid for I won’t get. If Carnival would have dropped us off somewhere similar to Mexico, we would have been bummed, but not as bummed. To detour all the way to Nassau Bahamas and expect us to be “ok” that we aren’t getting anything close to what we paid for is not right.

We were supposed to have a Mexican Buffet and deck party leaving Mexico Wednesday, they took away the Mexican Buffet and of course sail away party that day, it was literally too cold for the pool all day Wednesday, we had 50 plus mph winds all day Wednesday, which caused decks to close. It felt like we were on a roller coaster all day Wednesday, it was so bad my husband had to be alone all day with our 3 kids due to me being sea sick and couldn’t stop throwing up. We are on a family vacation and Mom can’t even enjoy it. The pool water was literally pouring out of the pool, it was so bad Carnival workers were mopping and using a squeagy to make is safe to walk.

We literally only have pictures from Key West, and the few hours we could be in the pool. Our only family vacation we could take this year was not so fun at all. Due to the detour we had to have the same buffet pretty much every day, which was the “American Buffet”.

Overall very disappointing. This was not my first Carnival cruise, but will be my last if Carnival only cares about the bottom line..making money. How can Carnival think its ok not to compensate me or anyone who paid for something we didn’t get. How do I know Carnival didn’t make money off me and everyone else gas wise and food wise, seeing how Nassau is a lot closer than Mexico is. They didn’t give us our Mexican buffet and like I said we had all the same food and it was obviously random things they had lying around. Being that the customer, and I know I am not the only one, is not happy, why does Carnival think its ok that we didn’t get what we paid for, nor did we have a good time..that is not right and its not ok. I understand what their contract says, but its about doing whats right, if the customer isn’t completely happy that should be a problem when running a business. A simple "i'm sorry" isn't good enough. An airline for example doesn't expect you to be "ok" if you don't reach your detestation, why is this any different?

Being a vegetarian I feel like there weren't many options, and the options overall were bland and plain..even the main dining room food was blah. I understand why we had to turn around, but not getting half of my vacation isn't right when I paid for a full vacation to Mexico. Nassau comes no where close to being the same as Mexico, not to mention I've been to Nassau 2 times before, the only reason we chose this cruise was because of Mexico being a destination. Carnival has offered ZERO refund of any kind or ZERO credit towards another Mexico cruise.

Publication Date: 04/07/14