Carnival Elation Cruise Review by cruisefan33

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

On the Elation, again....

This was our 7th cruise on the Elation, so needless to say, we must enjoy it to keep coming back. We purchased Faster to Fun because I have small, impatient children and a large impatient husband. We were on the ship and in our room with our luggage by 11:30. New Orleans port runs very efficiently and the workers are very friendly. The port is rearranged now in preparation of the Dream coming next month. So I was a little confused at embarkation just because I was used to how the port was previously arranged.

We had early dining in the Inspiration dining room. Our wait staff was very attentive and entertaining. The food was very good. Something new on this ship is the seaday brunch. I was really impressed with the food. The breads were really good and the brunch variety was also very nice. The steak and eggs, huevos rancheroes, and chocolate chip pancakes were my family's favorites. I also enjoyed the Chinese food on the Lido deck several times. I preferred the beef skillet with black bean sauce. It was delicious without being spicy.

This was our 9th visit to Cozumel. We just took a taxi to Paradise Beach and lounged there all day. This is not an all inclusive beach break, but I needed a little break from all of the overeating I had been doing on the cruise. The kids enjoy going there and it is a fairly inexpensive way to spend the day in Cozumel. It's beach was ranked number 8 among the most beautiful Mexican beaches.

In Progreso, we booked an all inclusive beach break through AutoProgreso once we got on land. We spent the day lounging and eating. It was very nice and we had an amazing time, just soaking up rays.

Our room steward was Karma; he was amazing. I wish I could take him home with me. He kept our room spotless and was very friendly and helpful to us. On the first day, I asked for a bucket of ice, and from then on, he brought me a bucket of ice twice per day for the sodas I had brought on board.

Debarkation was a breeze. Since I had purchased Faster to Fun, we were sent to a specific lounge to wait to debark. We were then brought downstairs by a Carnival worker and we were literally the first ones off the boat.

We had such a nice time! We have had a terrible winter, so 5 days of sun and pampering was just what my family needed. I love this boat. I love that it is smaller than most, so there aren't as many people. I love the way Carnival treats families. I love having my meals prepared for me and my room cleaned for me. For the money, there is no better vacation than a cruise. Our next cruise will be in July on the Dream, and I will let you know how that turns out. Thanks for taking the time to read this review!

Publication Date: 04/07/14