Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by EmeraldaBlaine: Fabulous Ship - Great Food

EmeraldaBlaine
Member Since 2014

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous Ship - Great Food

Sail Date: March 2014

My husband and I along with 6 other friends/family just returned from a cruise aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. Four of us had cruised with Celebrity years ago - so we knew to expect excellence and were not disappointed. But that was only one of about 13 other cruises - we normally use another cruise line. The moment we stepped aboard the Silhouette though - everyone recognized this ship as being a step up from what we're used to. The ship is beautiful - and laid out pretty well.

The food was absolutely delicious. Most of us ordered the escargot several times - it is literally the best I've ever had. The lobster was the largest I'd ever been served on a cruise - and it lived up to the expectation of being sweet and cooked perfectly. Dessert was always good - and their homemade ice creams were delicious.

The pool areas were beautiful, kept clean and stocked.

The bar service was not up to par however. We had all purchased a standard drink package - and the More service was disappointingly bland and unwelcoming at the bars. I called this to the attention of the bar manager and he promptly addressed the situation to the point where we could see a difference. He honestly agreed that things need to improve and he's working diligently to make the necessary improvements - and I believe him. The poor bar service would not keep me from going on this ship again - given the same price I paid - it was a great value. No matter - other travelers may weigh this differently that I do. It's important to note that while the bar service wasn't the greatest - the drinks and drink selections were very ample. We were very impressed with that.

We booked this cruise with CruCon and that was easy and uneventful (and great price). We booked air (Sun Country) and ground transportation (Harriet Quarles Transportation) separately. We all would recommend Harriet Quarles to get you to/from the airport - she's inexpensive, prompt and dependable. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 6152

The staterooms are more spacious than most ships, including the bathrooms. More room to walk around - you don't feel stuffed into the room. We had a balcony just above the life boats - so partially blocked. But it really didn't cause any issue for us because we don't spend a lot of on the balcony. When we were out there we could see what we wanted to see - so the blocked view wasn't problematic. The room steward (Rhoda) and her helper (Brown) took very good care of us.