Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by EmeraldaBlaine

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by EmeraldaBlaine
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: EmeraldaBlaine
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Fabulous Ship - Great Food

My husband and I along with 6 other friends/family just returned from a cruise aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. Four of us had cruised with Celebrity years ago - so we knew to expect excellence and were not disappointed. But that was only one of about 13 other cruises - we normally use another cruise line. The moment we stepped aboard the Silhouette though - everyone recognized this ship as being a step up from what we're used to. The ship is beautiful - and laid out pretty well.

The food was absolutely delicious. Most of us ordered the escargot several times - it is literally the best I've ever had. The lobster was the largest I'd ever been served on a cruise - and it lived up to the expectation of being sweet and cooked perfectly. Dessert was always good - and their homemade ice creams were delicious.

The pool areas were beautiful, kept clean and stocked.

The bar service was not up to par however. We had all purchased a standard drink package - and the service was disappointingly bland and unwelcoming at the bars. I called this to the attention of the bar manager and he promptly addressed the situation to the point where we could see a difference. He honestly agreed that things need to improve and he's working diligently to make the necessary improvements - and I believe him. The poor bar service would not keep me from going on this ship again - given the same price I paid - it was a great value. No matter - other travelers may weigh this differently that I do. It's important to note that while the bar service wasn't the greatest - the drinks and drink selections were very ample. We were very impressed with that.

We booked this cruise with CruCon and that was easy and uneventful (and great price). We booked air (Sun Country) and ground transportation (Harriet Quarles Transportation) separately. We all would recommend Harriet Quarles to get you to/from the airport - she's inexpensive, prompt and dependable.

Publication Date: 04/07/14