Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Bellacruiser9: Carnival Not Responsible for my Things

Bellacruiser9
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 4.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Not Responsible for my Things

Sail Date: March 2014

We were a family of 9 travelling for Spring Break. Two over 60, 3 mid twenties, 2 teenagers. We live in Florida so no planes, just drove to the port. Embarkation seemed fine, got to the room, things looked good, had lunch, explored. Happy at this point. Went back to the room and our luggage was there. I opened by bag and the first thing I noticed was that a lot of my clothes seemed to be in the outside zipper area. I thought maybe the lining had ripped but I soon found out that my luggage had been opened and over $300 worth of items were missing. At first we thought theft but soon realized that Carnival had gone through my bags, seemingly dumping items on the floor, and then shoving what they could back in, obviously leaving a number of things behind. We figured this out not because of my missing $40 hair conditioner, or 6 pieces of clothing but because I had ONE Nike shoe! and one bathing suit top and two tank tops with large black footprints on them!

I immediately called More Guest Services and went down to the desk for a tearful 45 minutes. Their response was "we will open a case and if we find your things, we will bring them to you". Two days later I received a letter in my stateroom saying they didn't find my stuff, sorry, contact corporate when you get home. We certainly started off on a sour note.

The cruise itself was nice. The teenagers enjoyed everything on board. We really enjoyed Serenity. We cruise on Princess a lot and you have to pay to go to the Sanctuary but on Carnival this area was free. It was a nice quiet getaway from the Spring Break crowd.

Our waiter each night was great and we had great family conversations. The comedy was mediocre but for a ship this large the venue was so small and the lineup outside was ridiculous it wasn't worth it even if the comedians were better. The shows in the main Theater were enjoyable.

When we returned I did in fact contact Carnival Corporate. I've been told that Carnival is not responsible for items left in public areas but they really hope I will cruise with them again! I handed my items to your porter! and NO I won't cruise again. It is amazing to me that Carnival and Princess are owned by the same company because I do not think this would be the end result after one of my more than 10 Princess Cruises.

Unfortunately Carnival, you really dropped the ball. What could have easily been a 4 or 5 star vacation earned Carnival a ONE STAR. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>