Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cruizinsince73: A Wonderful Time - Much better than anticipated!

cruizinsince73
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

A Wonderful Time - Much better than anticipated!

Sail Date: February 2014

OK, just to say. We were a bit apprehensive about this ship but it was a wonderful value and we hadn't been on NCl in 12 years so we gave it a go. I agree, she looks strange but who stands around and looks at the ship. I really loved it and I give NCL lots of compliments for trying new things and changing the industry. After all, they introduced the Norway in 1980 and I sailed on her that year. This was cruise number 34 for me.

Getting on board - Very easy and efficient even without the nice facility they have in Ft. Lauderdale for the Oasis and Allure. The corkage fee process was very civilized and easy.

I really loved the ship. It offered everything I wanted and more. The casino smoking smell was no worse than any other ship these days. The Caribbean Princess was worse I think.

I loved the cabin layout and even small I thought it was so well designed. Our balcony was wonderful. More about that later.

The water slides rocked! I'm 56 years old and I More was never the oldest on them. LOVED them.

Loved Spice H2O and just the feel of the Freestyle, kick back and enjoy your vacation approach.

The FOOD was some of the best overall that I have ever had on a ship and the drinks were reasonably priced. We did several of the specialty restaurants - All of them exceeded expectations. They were all worth the surcharge without question. We did Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro and La Cucina. I would say that our favorite was Le Bistro as we thought of going back there. The food was just great. I cannot say this enough. I love that you can get a snack anytime day or night.

The SERVICE in the bars and restaurants was very good in every case. Our cabin steward was EXCELLENT! We couldn't have asked for anything better.

The entertainment was fine but I just didn't like Blue Man Group, not my thing. The Legends was OK. I think RCCL was better in this regard. I am glad NCL is going to do full Broadway Shows.

Getting off the ship was a breeze.

NCL has got it down. We liked it so much. We are booked on the Getaway in the fall. We can see Port Everglades from our terrace so making the trip to Miami for the Getaway is a statement about how much we liked NCL. We have over 15 with Princess but I think we are moving to NCL. NCL is far better than RCCL. We have been on them twice and if we never sail on them again, that would be OK. Happy Landing! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 11320

Love it. A bit tight but very well designed. Don't be scared about the bathroom being divided. It is great. It provides lots of flexibility. The BEST shower on the sea. Very nice. I loved the soap. Very nice fragrance. Our cabin steward was just wonderful! I remember her name and think of her kind, gentle service often.