Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by devvonwoods: Great Food....Horrible Service!!

devvonwoods
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Great Food....Horrible Service!!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I sailed on the Norwegian Breakaway on 3/2-3/9 of this year. This was our first time cruising on Norwegian and will definitely be our last. Once we boarded our bags were not delivered to our room, however after hours of waiting for them, I finally went to guest services to find them sitting there for absolutely no reason whatsoever. When I asked why no one called our state room or why no one answered the line when I called guest services I was told that they were too busy.

The ship was sold out, and you just feel that you are another number. If any member of the crew has to go out of their way to help you, they don't even try to disguise their irritation.

The only person I felt deserved a tip was our houseman, so that's who we tipped.

Their whole game is to nickel and dime you for every little thing. The most desirable restaurants to eat at are not included and you must pay extra. I booked restaurant reservations online before the cruise, was charged for 3 More adults. Once I got on the ship I learned that my son is half-price. Our bill was adjusted, but if I had not caught it, they woulda charged me.

Leaving from NYC in the beginning of March you lose a couple days of swimming on deck because it's too cold. So it's better to leave from this port in the summer.

At the end of our cruise we were given a folio with an extra $120 in video game charges. I went to guest services to have the charges removed and was accused of being a liar. I ended up having to dispute the charges with my bank in order to get my money back. I called twice to have a copy of my folio emailed to me. I have yet to receive it.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN SAIL WITH NORWEGIAN AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CRUISE LINE FOR ANYONE ELSE. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>