Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by yomamad: Rating the Refection

Embarkation Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Rating the Refection

Sail Date: March 2014

As loyal Celebrity Solstice Ship customers I regret to report only a 3 -3/4 stars rating for the Reflection Ship, sailing on March 22-29 2014.

It's a beautiful well maintained vessel. Boarding was streamlined and without incident. The Cafe offered a bountiful display of food, however not as tasty as the Equinox or Solstice.

As always we experienced exceptional service thru out the ship.

Our stateroom, was located on the 11th deck, 1696, concierge class.

Stateroom attendants Arthur and his assistant Elino did an outstanding job always going above and beyond the call of duty. Since my husband and I travel concierge class or above, we noticed several subtle changes to this upgrade. The pitcher of water has been replaced with a $4.50 + gratuities bottle of water. You will not find the personalized stationery either. Also, no longer are thank you notes sent from the specialty dining. This courtesy could have been continued by a simple phone message or More email.

The afternoon Canopies were nothing short of insulting. Since when has chocolate chip cookies become Canopies. It took me back to the point I contacted customer relations and the response was " you can order from room service". Well so can a inside cabin passenger order from room service and that's not what we paid extra for!!!

We're not big fans of the Cafe on deck 14 and the Reflection Cafe confirmed our opinion. The main dining room was disappointing too. The NY strip steak was like shoe leather. And the shrimps were mealy. However to give credit where credit is due the beef wellington & lobsters were very tasty. Surprisingly the main dinning room Opus service, was rough around the edges. Perhaps this is the training grounds for up and coming fine dining servers? This added to the many reasons why we book the specialty restaurants, and of which we're never disappointed in.

Our first evening on board the Reflection, we dined at the Tuscan grill. My husband his enjoyed his red snapper as I the filet mignon. Since dessert was a difficult decision the server delighted us with an assortment of delectable treats. Needless to say we will continue to book the Tuscan Grill.

The Murano, oh yes, yes, the beautiful Murano. Five Stars all the way. Server overload at its finest and always well worth the extra cost.

Kudos, Celebrity for the new addition to specialty dining "The Lawn Club Grill". We were greeted & seated by the upbeat & friendly

Maître D Darby Crum who introduced us to the informal, interactive dining of "The Lawn Club Grill". Servers Jayson, Melvyn, Ralph, 0scar & Patrick made sure we were comfortably seated on cushioned lawn furniture. All the while clearing our plates and always filling Ice water served in mason jars of which added a whimsical touch of the open air, overhead covered setting.

Our main server Chris Gohzguet explained the interactive menu and made us feel like we were his long time friends. Chris created a super duper fun night and never missed a beat.

Over head flat screened TV allow the other guest to view the guidance from the happy pizza master Donovan. I kneaded, flipped and spun pizza dough. Thank you Donovan for being informative & encouraging. Assistant pizza master Radhika guided me with through the vast selections of fresh toppings. Q

Master Chef Desmond showed me a few tricks of the trade to grilling our selected entrees, filet mignon, NY strip steak, vegetable kabob & shrimp w/ scallops kabob. Ricardo was there underpinning our ,grilling.

What a great night of fun we had. Not only was the food yummy but the night became a must do on our future cruises. In fact we enjoyed 'The Lawn Club Grill" so much we made reservations for our last night of sailing. Making it a perfect ending to yet another Celebrity cruise.

We love Celebrity Cruise lines therefore will continue to sail with them. Our only regret is sailing concierge.

Going forward I will watch the sales for category " Aqua Class". Pricing often is the same or less expensive then "Concierge". It seems the only value to Concierge is stateroom location. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>