Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by coachjeff

Member Name: coachjeff
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Average Cruise

Wife and I have sailed before, but not with Carnival or the kids, age 16 and 10.

Embarkation: We had FTTF and were on board before noon and bags at 130. It was a smooth process.

Dinning: Steak house first night was great and well worth the extra money.

MDR was good, but not great. We had anytime dining and never had to wait. We went every night (except first one). We had Anthony for three of them and he was very good. Last meal was horrible. Cold and tough. we waited 20 minutes for water and bread. Server was rude.

LIDO deck was boring, while the food was not bad, it was WOW cruise good. LIDO servers were overall rude and uninterested.

KIDS CLUB - oldest had a blast while the 10 year old said it was boring and childish, hard to say if the 10 year old was being difficult or the club was boring for him, so take his comments with a grain of salt.

SERVICE - on board was hit and miss. There are some real rock stars on this cruise but a couple of sour faced ones as well. I try and be as polite as possible because I really think they have a tough job, I make sure my kids are polite as well, but its tough when some of them act like I am intruding. More good then bad but only takes a couple of them to bring it all down.

SHORE EXURSIONS: Swimming with the dolphins in PV was great. While in a larger group then we were told it was still great. Be prepared for $100 for pictures if you want to purchase all. Cabo sea trek was only 20 minutes long and one had a equipment malfunction and never got the chance to do it. While cool it is not value for your dollar.

CABIN: we had joining cabin, one with Balcony and on interior. This was great and really worked out well. They were comfortable and well maintained and cleaned.

ENTERTAINMENT: Comedians were funny and we enjoyed them. Shows were average.

DISEMBARKATION: With FTTF we had priority. This was great until we tried to get all our bags. We were zone one and one of our bags was zone 17. We had to wait for that, as did our driver. He did a good job of getting us to the airport, I know this happens but and understand with the amount of bags, however, I was upset with the comment from one carnival staff " what you want me to do about it". Well fix it and be polite.

CLEANESS: We saw cleaning carts and vacuums left out in the passage way, while no cleaning going on. Never saw that on other lines. Hand sanitizers were not working or empty. It was also no emphases to use them. HAL has crew outside the food areas squirting into your hands for you. Last day at sea saw a server in the MDR wearing a mask. Two of our four now have a cough.

SUMMARY: Not over all a great cruise. It is a discount line and I think we will spend the money and go back to the other ones. While some crew really try, some are just miserable. You get what you pay for. Good effort by some, but really AVERAGE.

Publication Date: 04/03/14