Carnival Pride Cruise Review by jondude64

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Great Ship!

This was my 3rd cruise and 2nd within 6 months after having sailed on the Carnival Sunshine in Europe last fall. I had heard good things about the Pride and since I live in Northern Virginia, it was super convenient to get to the port. Since I was traveling with my elderly mother and 9 year old nephew, I purchased the Faster to the Fun option although it was not what I had expected. We were told we could arrive between 11AM and 12NOON, but had to wait until 1PM to board the ship. The only benefit of the FTTTF option was priority disembarkation when we got back. Oh well, live and learn. Next time, I'll spend the day at home and arrive later at the port.

That is my only complaint regarding this cruise. Everything else was perfect. The staff were awesome. The food was good...not 5 star..but we enjoyed it. The Camp Carnival experience for my nephew was outstanding! The Camp Carnival staff were superb. My nephew had so much fun that he was besides himself. Getting him to do his homework was not easy!! LOL!

We did purchase excursions from Carnival and again..live and learn. We purchased the Kennedy Space Center excursion for about $100 per person. We could have saved money by taking a cab to the Center and purchasing a ticket for $50 each. The Atlantis Space Shuttle exhibit was incredible and a must see.

We also purchased the Atlantis AquaAdventure day at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau. Although we had a blast, we found out that we could have rented the cheapest room at Atlantis and had the same access for about half the price. Getting to and from Atlantis is easy from the port. Lastly, we had purchased the Dolphin Encounter in Freeport which I would highly recommend. An incredible experience!

Overall, this was a fun ship. I had more fun on this ship than I did on the 12 day cruise on the Sunshine last fall. Check out the show "Vrooom" if you get a chance. We thought it was excellent.

Publication Date: 04/03/14