Carnival Dream Cruise Review by adcc

Carnival Dream
Member Name: adcc
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Good value for what you pay

Embarkation was fairly simple. They had 2 ladies checking in a room full of Diamond, Platinum, and Suite Guests and finally someone from another area came to get us and check us in. My biggest complaint was the ship could not handle everyone eating lunch and embarking was an absolute nightmare. Took us 20 minutes to find a seat! Pool hogs get their chairs at 7am and only once did I see Carnival actually removing towels and stuff after the 40 minute rule. This ship has really small pool areas for such a big ship. First nights dinner service was terrible. The waiter kept forgetting about us. After the first night it was awesome as we had Joseph table 211 and if it wasn't for him and his group we would not have gone back to dining room. I will not do anytime dining with small children again. Cabin was ok and room steward Christinia was really friendly and good. If you like to shop onboard the shopping area is really small. The Spa selling is horrible. I got roped into a facial that I didn't want because I was told it was soooo much better. It wasn't. Won't let that one happen again. I think she spent more time walking around then actually doing my facial and then came at me with $500 worth of products I must have and a Medi-spa Doctor appointment where he wanted to charge me another $550. Overall this cruise was good for what we paid for it but I wasn't a big fan of this particular ship. Debarkation was really fast the fastest I have ever seen and by far the best.

Publication Date: 04/03/14