Carnival Dream Cruise Review by adcc: Good value for what you pay

adcc
Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good value for what you pay

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Embarkation was fairly simple. They had 2 ladies checking in a room full of Diamond, Platinum, and Suite Guests and finally someone from another area came to get us and check us in. My biggest complaint was the ship could not handle everyone eating lunch and embarking was an absolute nightmare. Took us 20 minutes to find a seat! Pool hogs get their chairs at 7am and only once did I see Carnival actually removing towels and stuff after the 40 minute rule. This ship has really small pool areas for such a big ship. First nights dinner service was terrible. The waiter kept forgetting about us. After the first night it was awesome as we had Joseph table 211 and if it wasn't for him and his group we would not have gone back to dining room. I will not do anytime dining with small children again. Cabin was ok and room steward Christinia was really friendly and good. If you like to shop onboard the shopping area is really small. The Spa selling is horrible. I got roped into a facial that I More didn't want because I was told it was soooo much better. It wasn't. Won't let that one happen again. I think she spent more time walking around then actually doing my facial and then came at me with $500 worth of products I must have and a Medi-spa Doctor appointment where he wanted to charge me another $550. Overall this cruise was good for what we paid for it but I wasn't a big fan of this particular ship. Debarkation was really fast the fastest I have ever seen and by far the best. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Suite Empress 7316

Cabin was adequate for a family of 4. Great bathroom. Not alot of room once sofa bed was down.

Dolphin Encounter

(5)

Water is chilly this time of year but you do get used to it. The only complaint I have is they made families with small children walk all the way to the last dolphin and on the rocky bottom this was really tough holding little ones. Would have made more sense for families to be closer to where you have to get in and out of the water.

Didn't go on an excursion just some shopping. Great liquor prices and love the Guavaberry shop Habernero-Lime hot sauce!

Kids thought it was fun to ride the tram ot the top of the mountain. Would have liked a drink and lunch but after sitting with no one stopping by our table for 15 minutes we left. Best shopping for jewelry!

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews