Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Stancruiser: A great ship

1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A great ship

Sail Date: February 2014

The cruise value was awesome, I love Celebrity! We purchased the cruise the Monday prior to sailing with a guaranteed balcony. While at the time of booking, I was unaware that it was an obstructed balcony, it worked out fine. As others mention about Class 2D, you look down and see a life boat and emergency stair case, look forward and to the sky, it’s beautiful.

Getting on the ship was easy. We did the online check in. We took a cab from Miami airport, there is a flat rate $24 fare and took about 30 minutes on a Saturday morning. Getting off the ship was also easy. Our flight left in the afternoon, so we did not feel rushed. Customs took about 20 minutes. There was a long taxi line, but it moved, not having the pressure of getting an early flight, we did fine.

The cruise also offered an alcoholic beverage package as a special offer. Not knowing what to expect and some negative comments from others on this website, it was wonderful. The bar staff was gracious to More provide drinks, did not complain that we had the beverage package, a couple of the bar staff were so pleasant, I gave them a few extra dollars tip. The beverage package made a good trip even better knowing that there would be no “surprise” additional bar tab at the end of the cruise.

The ship was the largest we ever sailed on. I was anxious on embarkation day as so many people were in the cafeteria area; I began to think the whole cruise would be like that. But after the safety drill, I never felt crowded on the ship with the exception of Noon in the cafeteria during Sea Days. Other than those two times, I never felt overwhelmed with crowds.

Overall, the staff was excellent, we do not ask for much, but all requests were handled efficiently, courteously and effectively.

The room staff was excellent. I am amazed at how only once during the cruise did I feel that we bumped into each other while they were cleaning. They must have eyes in the back of their heads to know we were not in the room.

The ship was awesome. The Sunset Bar was so different from anything we experienced previously. It was cool that next to the bar there was grass where you could sit and look at the grass and the ocean, just another different experience. The Aqua pool was a great escape from all the folks at the outdoor pool. The ship being so new, it was very clean and fresh.

The night shows were OK, nothing special. The entertainment bands around the ship were very good.

Celebrity food quality as always was outstanding. The buffet lines had mostly the same food day to day. There was a carving station that changed and the choices were good especially enjoyed the day they served gyros. The sushi bar was disappointing. Outside of salmon, the choices did not inspire. It is funny to me, Celebrity does food so well, the snack food that I love, pizza has little taste.

We did Celebrity Select for the main dining room and while a comment on this website regarding tables for two being too close to each other which was on target, I was fine with it. I had the opportunity to chat with surrounding tables for a few minutes but then was not obligated to chat for the entire meal. The selections in the dining room in comparison to the two previous Celebrity cruises were not as unique, but again the food quality was top rate.

More people cruise repeatedly and a sad comment for me is that formal night does not have the awe it had for me five years ago. It seems few guys dress up for dinner on formal night, it is more casual.

The itinerary was lacking. It made stops in St. Thomas, St Maarten and San Juan and 3 days at sea. It would be nicer to have more stops on a 7 day cruise. In St. Thomas we took a ferry tour to St. Johns which has beautiful beaches and is less crowded.

This cruise was an excellent value and I would continue to sail with Celebrity because the staff is well trained to take care of passengers!!!! Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 6286

Partially obstructed view, but awesome. Looking down see life boats, look forward and to the sky, beautiful