Oasis of the Seas 5

“Great Time On an Awesome Ship!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

gskline
Member Since 2010
287 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My wife & I cruised on the Oasis the week of March 15th, doing the Western Caribbean. We have cruised 3 other times and had heard great things about the Oasis. I don't like crowds so I was taking a chance with so many people being on the ship. The design of the Oasis is brilliant. Their are so many "neighborhoods" & venues of entertainment that the "crowd" of people are separated nicely. Check in took 15 minutes & we were on the ship ready to have fun. This was the only time it was slightly crowded because everyone boards into the Promenade Deck.

The ship is amazing. There are so many things to do. The Promenade deck is sort of like main street on the ship. The two parades, Guest Services, Excursion Desk, shopping, & our favorite snack place Sorrento's Pizza are on this deck. One deck up is the Boardwalk with the Carousel & Aqua Theater. And up one more deck is Central Park, which is VERY peaceful and contains their 3 specialty restaurants. The food was More very good. We ate at Chops Grille the night of our Wedding Anniversary & our filet mignons were delicious. Our waiter there was named Inshan and he was outstanding (TA DA...request him and you'll understand why lol). The Main Dining room had a side section. We were seated there and felt isolated because you couldn't see when the Chefs spoke or something else was going on. Other than that the food was good.

The Entertainment was the best we've ever seen on a Cruise ship. Their Broadway production of Hairspray was just as good as the original. Come Fly with Me was like a Cirque show, & the Ukrainian aerial act was amazing. Frozen in Time was a really well done Ice Show. They had two diving shows at their Aqua Theater which were very good. Imagine diving from 60 feet into a pool on a moving ship! The Comedy Club was a lot of fun. The host Simeon was really funny & did a Burl Ives impersonation that still brings a smile to my face. They had a number of lounges catering to different genres of music. We visited most of them & they were all good.

I could write a short story on all that we saw & did. Trust me, unless you have bad weather, you will have an awesome time on Royal's Oasis of the Seas!!! Less

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

9600
Great location. About the middle of the ship. The room was quite, didn't hear any noise from the Spring Breakers beside us. The balcony was a nice size. It would hold 5-6 people (without chairs). Cabin was kept immaculate. The day of our 25th Wedding Anniversary our Cabin Steward decorated our room all up. It was a wonderful surprise!

Published 04/02/14

Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?