Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by johnandanna: Brisbane to Yokohama on the Queen Elizabeth

Queen Elizabeth 5
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Brisbane to Yokohama on the Queen Elizabeth

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Brisbane

Queen Elizabeth didn't disappoint we were apprehensive about our cabin 1001 on deck one, but it was spacious and very clean with a big picture window. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, with the best linen I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

We dined in the Britannia restaurant breakfast lunch and dinner, I have worked in restaurants many years and I can only say the food was amazing, Not only that but we sat with many interesting people during these meals. people complain about the food but they eat on the buffet well a buffet is never going to give you the quality of the silver service restaurant. On a few occasions we managed high tea in the Queens Room, which is not to be missed if you can fit it in The staff are friendly and most importantly happy in their job. We talked to a waitress and said they are treated fairly and given time off which on other cruise lines this is not always so.

The only criticism I have is the shows are aimed at an older crowd but More Cunard should remember that just because they are old they are not dead. I love the classics and opera but why cant they throw in some 60s 70s and 80s nights in their shows I am in my mid 50s as were many others who said they would enjoy a bit more diversity in entertainment. Overall an amazing 13 days that I hope to repeat in the not to distant future. Less

Published 04/02/14

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>

Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Asia Cruises

Cabin review: 1001

Overall extremely satisfied with the quality and service on board the Queen Elizabeth.

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X