Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mustanggirl50

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mustanggirl50
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: mustanggirl50
Cruise Date: March 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+

5 time satisfied Carnival Cruiser

We chose the Breeze because it is a relatively new ship and we had not been to the Southern Caribbean. We also chose March since the weather would be warmer, Cruised previously in late January and it was still a little chilly.

If you have a choice go with a new ship or one recently renovated.

We had a rental car with Alamo who has free shuttles to and from the pier.

Embarkation: We arrived about 1:00 and within half hour or so was up on the Lido deck enjoying a drink. For 1st time cruisers put your bathing suit in your carrry on so you can start enjoying the sun and pool asap.

Disembarkation: very smooth process, we were one of the last groups to be called and were off by 10:30. Of course if you need off before that you can request it. Go down to the desk early in the cruise to get the earliest disembarkation number.

Entertainment: Excellent bands with different genre's at the bars and in the Atrium. Ben at the Piano Bar was hilarious. Comedien Dwight Slade was very funny. The place fills up so get there early for a seat.

Fun poolside games during the day and music and dancing at night.

I love the couples game the "newlywed, middle age and elderly couples game" however I wish they would think of new questions.

The dancing and singing productions aren't as good as previously but still worth attending. The shows are shorter in length and you still need to arrive early to get a seat.

Dining: We chose anytime dining and really were satisfied. For couples the tables are slightly set apart so you could converse with your neighbor or not. It's better than the set time where you might get stuck all week at a table with Chatty Cathy, HoHumHarry or Know It All Paul.

The food was OK not excellent. Stay away from the steak. Fish was always good. The only way to eat chocolate melting cake is with 2 ice creams! Service was slow most times in all the dining rooms.

For a hot breakfast use the Omelet Bar or have brunch in the dining room. There is a BBQ on sea days on the 5th floor next to the Ocean Plaza (past the Casino). Guy's burger joint is very good.

For the 8 day cruise they had 2 elegant nights. I saw a few tuxedos, some suits but mostly dress shirts or polo's for the men. Women anything from casual pants to fancy dresses. And of course there is those who think of nothing about wearing shorts and t-shirts to dinner. Come on guys if you can't dress up a little for a few hours stick to the buffet.

I like the fact that they no longer let you save lounge chairs at the pool. You can save them for about and hour and then they mark your towel with the time and remove it after an hour so others can have your seat. I once sat next to 3 chairs that some one saved for 3 hours and they were never there.

I would have liked to have had some of those clips to clip the towel to the lounge.

The Serenity deck is really nice to get away from the loud music and crowd. If you want a covered lounge chair/bed get their early.

The ship is packed with fun things to do, Mini golf, excersices equip, jog track, climbing ropes, waterslides. Children always seem to be having fun.

Cell phone: you could buy different wifi pkgs. but I didn't. Only time I missed it was when I would have liked to text the husband and asked where he was. I read two novels which I hadn't had time to do in ages.

Skip the picture packages or wait til the end to buy them. I won a pkg on my first cruise and had already bought my pictures so wait I til the end from now on.

Publication Date: 04/02/14