Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mustanggirl50: 5 time satisfied Carnival Cruiser

mustanggirl50
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

5 time satisfied Carnival Cruiser

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We chose the Breeze because it is a relatively new ship and we had not been to the Southern Caribbean. We also chose March since the weather would be warmer, Cruised previously in late January and it was still a little chilly.

If you have a choice go with a new ship or one recently renovated.

We had a rental car with Alamo who has free shuttles to and from the pier.

Embarkation: We arrived about 1:00 and within half hour or so was up on the Lido deck enjoying a drink. For 1st time cruisers put your bathing suit in your carrry on so you can start enjoying the sun and pool asap.

Disembarkation: very smooth process, we were one of the last groups to be called and were off by 10:30. Of course if you need off before that you can request it. Go down to the desk early in the cruise to get the earliest disembarkation number.

Entertainment: Excellent bands with different genre's at the bars and in the Atrium. Ben at the Piano Bar was hilarious. More Comedien Dwight Slade was very funny. The place fills up so get there early for a seat.

Fun poolside games during the day and music and dancing at night.

I love the couples game the "newlywed, middle age and elderly couples game" however I wish they would think of new questions.

The dancing and singing productions aren't as good as previously but still worth attending. The shows are shorter in length and you still need to arrive early to get a seat.

Dining: We chose anytime dining and really were satisfied. For couples the tables are slightly set apart so you could converse with your neighbor or not. It's better than the set time where you might get stuck all week at a table with Chatty Cathy, HoHumHarry or Know It All Paul.

The food was OK not excellent. Stay away from the steak. Fish was always good. The only way to eat chocolate melting cake is with 2 ice creams! Service was slow most times in all the dining rooms.

For a hot breakfast use the Omelet Bar or have brunch in the dining room. There is a BBQ on sea days on the 5th floor next to the Ocean Plaza (past the Casino). Guy's burger joint is very good.

For the 8 day cruise they had 2 elegant nights. I saw a few tuxedos, some suits but mostly dress shirts or polo's for the men. Women anything from casual pants to fancy dresses. And of course there is those who think of nothing about wearing shorts and t-shirts to dinner. Come on guys if you can't dress up a little for a few hours stick to the buffet.

I like the fact that they no longer let you save lounge chairs at the pool. You can save them for about and hour and then they mark your towel with the time and remove it after an hour so others can have your seat. I once sat next to 3 chairs that some one saved for 3 hours and they were never there.

I would have liked to have had some of those clips to clip the towel to the lounge.

The Serenity deck is really nice to get away from the loud music and crowd. If you want a covered lounge chair/bed get their early.

The ship is packed with fun things to do, Mini golf, excersices equip, jog track, climbing ropes, waterslides. Children always seem to be having fun.

Cell phone: you could buy different wifi pkgs. but I didn't. Only time I missed it was when I would have liked to text the husband and asked where he was. I read two novels which I hadn't had time to do in ages.

Skip the picture packages or wait til the end to buy them. I won a pkg on my first cruise and had already bought my pictures so wait I til the end from now on. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 6341

Interior cabin was plenty spacious for us. We never pay for an outside cabin unless it is a free upgrade. Same for the floors we try to get as high up as possible without extra charge. Why pay for something you won't use much. Mid ship is good since you are half way to the pool end one way and dining and stage the other. We did end up under the casino but it was not a problem. Once I heardsome celebration when someone won. I do wish they would put a shelf with some hooks on it in the bedroom area. I was always looking for a place to hang my beach bags and towels. I missed having a clock to look at. It was a pain to go to the phone everytime. So if room allows bring a small clock. Cabin steward was great, very friendly. you may want to take your own shampoo theirs is not the best.

After all the hype I was not impressed with Aruba. We took the bus for $2.30 pp out to Malmok Beach to snorkel. It was a very rocky place with just a small beach but my husband was able to snorkel and found starfish. On the way we passed Palm Beach which looked very nice. It has a boardwalk with restaurants and shopping.
The bus station is right across the street from the pier. I do not recommentd any shopping right near the pier. Go out to Palm Beach by bus or farther into town by the casinos which is off to the right from the dock. About a 15 minute walk.
What we did was went to the beach when we docked and then went back to the ship for a shower a quick dinner at the buffet and then back into town for the casino.

Read 686 Aruba Reviews

Very nice port. Love the colors. It is about a 20 minute walk over to the floating bridge to Punda. Lots of local shops and little sidewalk restaurants. You can rent taxi's or take a trolley around town. Very easy walking if you can. This is one place we would like to see more of when we return. We felt very safe walking around. I believe the smaller ships dock right by the bridge.

Read 503 Curacao Reviews

We thought this would be a good beach day. When you get off the ship the beach is literally right there. On the left you have lounge chairs in and out of the sun. Margaritaville is right there too. Nice spacious pool area. Get there early for a spot. They have pool games and live music and a DJ.
If you want to do something they have people there who book excursions or water tube rides, jet skiis etc.
If you walk to the right on the beach about a mile (go around the bend) you can find lots of conch shells on the beach. If you get there early you may find a nice one.
Also has the usual shopping boutiques.

We wanted to book an excurison with Seavis Tours but was too late, they were booked. For $65 pp plus $15 pp round trip taxi van they will take you to Saona Island for beach time, lunch and then stop at the sand bar to look for starfish. The van takes you to Bayahibe beach were you pickup the boat to Saona. It takes about half hour to get to both places. At Saona they give you lunch and drinks. You can snorkel. The shopping is about 1/2 dozen island people in huts with the same merchandise.
Since we couldn't do the tour we took the cab to Bayahibe beach with another couple then rented a small boat from a local for $35pp to take us to Saona. He also stopped at the sandbar for us and we found starfish. Don't take them out of the water for very long or they will die. We did not realize but there was no opportunity for food at Saona except for the excursion folks. But we really loved our boat ride over there with just the four of us and the driver. It was worth going hungry for!
You can take the taxi to Bayahibe Beach and stay there for beach time. They have restaurants and shopping.