“Great time on Spring Break”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

MOFamilyof4 Carnival Elation 5 Great time on Spring Break
MOFamilyof4
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I have read many bad reviews for this ship for which I am unsure why.

For this cruise it was my husband, daughter (20), son (17) and son's best friend (18) and myself. We had a wonderful time.

We purchased FTF for this cruise with it being Spring Break and it was worth every penny. No line at check in and we were the 2nd group to board. Breezed through security with 2 bottles of wine. Carried our luggage on with us. We took it straight to our cabin that was already ready.

The food (lobster, escargot, fish and shrimp) was pretty good considering the amount of people they are feeding at any given time. We ate in the main dinning room every night for dinner and had the most wonderful wait staff. Zumbin was funny and always kept dinner fun and always addressed everyone of us by our first names.

We never had a problem finding a chair by the pool during sea days. My only issue was during sea days it was hard to find anywhere to eat besides the buffet which did become a little crowded.

Our first stop was Progreso, where we signed up for the Jaguar Truck Mayan Adventure Expedition. It was a blast. Everyone on the excursion had so much fun. They limit the number of people who could sign up and it was sold out with 30 people (prior to boarding the ship). We rode tandem bikes, hiked at the ruins, learned to paddle surf and spent time at the beach.

We only did a few shows, which were all fine. We were also able to watch some of the NCAA basketball games (although no chicken wings to go with the basketball games and KU lost).

This was our second Carnival Cruise, we have also cruised on NCL (4x) and Holland America (1x). This cruise was us giving Carnival a "second try" and we are all glad we did.

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

E158
The room was tight with 5 adults, however, it worked just fine. Plenty of storage.

Port

All 5 of us had a blast, several activities planned never a dull moment. I would highly recommend this tour.

Read 367 Progreso Reviews
Published 04/02/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?