Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lesssnowmorecruise: First time on Celebrity - Officially my favorite!

lesssnowmorecruise
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time on Celebrity - Officially my favorite!

Sail Date: March 2014

Best cruise line we have been on! Class act!

We used the cruise line's airport to pier transfer option. It was well laid out and a shuttle was ready and waiting to take us to the port immediately. Boarding was quick, easy, and we felt pampered straight away. We didn't even have to stand in line! We were given a glass of champagne immediately when we stepped on the ship and we could go straight to our room. Our room was decent size and clean. The staff were excellent. We asked if we could get a tour of the bridge on the first day and were thankful we asked right away because they were able to accomodate us. We saw whales and dolphins while on the ship. Everything while on the ship was outstanding! Great food and great service. Loved the shows - absolutely amazing entertainment. Great bar service. Very impressive throughout.

We used the pier to airport transfer through the cruiseline and were extremely disappointed with this process. After we were done with customs, More getting to the bus to take us to the airport took over an hour and it was very disorganized. After we were loaded on the bus and being delivered to the airport, the bus driver did not communicate who should get off at each terminal and several of the passengers were unhappy with the entire process. I would not use this option again. It would have taken less time and cost less to take a taxi. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 7179

Nice room. Decent size compared to other ships. Maria and Sever provided wonderful housekeeping service for our room.

Segway Tour

AWESOME! LOVED IT!
Highly recommend! Awesome tour guide and teacher. The tour guide was thorough and patient as he trained us to use the Segway. His first concern was our safety. He did a fabulous job of narrating about the island and his pride and love for it was obvious. It was worth every penny and more!

Disappointing
The island of St. Maarten was beautiful, but I would not recommend this tour to see it. When we arrived at the location that had the jeeps, the process to get a jeep was disorganized and chaotic. We were given a walkie talkie with no explanation of what it was going to be used for or how we needed to communicate with it. Once we were on our way, the tour guide led us and narrated over the walkie talkie. I assumed that there would be more off-road type of sight seeing since were were in jeeps, but it was mostly driving in city type traffic. It was difficult for the guide to narrate and drive his own vehicle at the same time. His narrative was very basic and uninformative. It included phrases like "Look at that nice house on the right" or "St. Maarten is a beautiful place to live". We didn't learn any of the history of the island or why there is a dutch side and a french side. Throughout the day, he made comments that were not appropriate to the young girls in our group. When we arrived at Orient Beach (gorgeous!), he told us we had until 3:45pm to be back at our jeep. He contacted us on our walkie talkie at 3:25pm that we needed be back at our jeeps. Frustrating! Towards the end of the tour, he said it was only his second day on the job. It helped to understand why his narrative was so basic, but for the price we paid for the tour, the jeep company should have their staff better trained from the start. I can understand why we had to leave the beach earlier than 3:45 because we hurried to make it back to the boat by the 4:45 departure (we were back on at 4:30). I was fine with being at the jeep at 3:30, but he should have told us that in the first place. Although Celebrity would have waited for us, it made our return very stressful and hurried. I would not recommend this tour.

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(4)

Good tour
This was a good tour. Organized and enjoyable. The tour guide was knowledgable and wanted to make sure everyone had a good time. I would have marked it with more stars if we had been able to snorkel, but unfortunately it was too windy. I appreciated that the cruise line let us know in advance that we might not be able to snorkel and would have refunded our fees if we had decided not to go. I would recommend this tour to others.