“Great Cruise for the value, ports of call, with the European experienc”
Cruise review of Costa Luminosa

Erica Vasi Costa Luminosa 5 Great Cruise for the value, ports of call, with the European experienc
Erica Vasi
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

If you are an American that has been to Europe, and are familiar with the Italian way of life, then this is a pleasant experience! Costa does not cater to Americans, so don't expect it! Instead, enjoy the great value, the beautiful ship, and 10 days at some of the best ports of call! (I am not on any ship for the dessert choices or lobster). We had a great room and cabin steward, a great dinner table with 8 like minded Americans who made the trip more fun, and a great overall experience.

I enjoy Costa because it is like being on a vacation within a vacation, being around other nationalities is fun for me. I speak and understand Spanish lightly, and can get by with a little bit of Italian. On board the ship, the staff and bartenders are on their own relaxed pace, which is a European thing. Americans want everything now and crave instant, undivided attention which is not going to happen, so be patient and all will be fine! The food is good, but don't expect American portions or details. The food is good, and in small portions in the dining room because it is European to have more courses and less food. The buffets are geared towards the Mediterranean way of eating, which is fine, but a change if you aren't aware. The coffee is strong for me, but they do have American instant coffee available too! Keep in mind, the culture shock of different nationalities and you will enjoy your time.

Costa Luminosa was clean and we'll kept which made me proud when we were in port next to other ships that were older and weren't kept up as well. I felt safe and comfortable with the way the Costa crew ran everything from safety to excursions. Will definitely cruise again!

Costa Luminosa Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

5321
Spacious and pretty, well laid out. Plenty of storage.
Published 04/02/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Luminosa Review
Costa Luminosa Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?